All reviews mississippi river only stayed one night catfish the room was nice would stay here again balcony suite slots clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

We stayed here as a stop over on the way to Memphis. The hotel is a bit run down and smells foisty. The casino smelt really badly of cigarette smoke. It is right on the Mississippi river and has great views of the river but there is nothing else close by, was overpriced for what it was & would not want to spend more than 1 night here

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

Where should i start! My Fiancé received a Free 1 Night stay 2 Free Buffets and $25 Free Play for His Birthday. So we decided to take advantage of it. Since the room was Free he decided to upgrade it to a Suite which was only a $50 deposit check in was fast and simple we get our key and head to our room 316 and to our surprise the worst Hotel room we ever seen the room is so out dated No fridge or Microwave the beds was horrible the rugs was flirty the bathroom sink rusted the toilet and shower the no lights in the center of the room u have to use the light from the outside of the balcony which was disturbing due to some work being doing very loud ugh Free play was a Joke u don’t get the money they give and it’s certain machines u can play with it over all this was the worst stay ever Bugs dirty ness i literally couldn’t wait till check out we didn’t even want the buffet but hey they always say everything that’s free ain’t alway good lesson learned and i also have pictures I’ll never visit this place again and too all the people that writing excellent reviews y’all are clearly delusional

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This is our favorite casino to visit. We love playing pair square on the pitch blackjack tables. The rooms are very nice as well as their food. They usually have a band playing on the weekends. I highly recommend them!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2019

So, the floor staff are great--they make regular rounds to make sure drinks are refreshed; I don't get drinks but I am so impressed with their service that I tip them just for asking!

The buffet is pretty good; in fact, the fried shrimp, the catfish and the potato salad are to die for--although--the desserts are incredibly average. We did not partake of the crawfish but I am guessing they were worth it based on what was being consumed by the other patrons.

We do not stay in the hotel so I cannot comment on the service or condition there. They have a diverse selection of slots. I have done ok with them overall. We could not give the casino more than an average rating because of the gaming.

They choke down the blackjack to one table, no more than two, during the day forcing you to play on a full table. Not one, but two pit bosses hawk the BJ table which tends to make the players uncomfortable. Those two issues, plus the deck penetration, make it nearly impossible to have a winning session.

The day dealers are very friendly but the evening dealers tend to be assassin like. If you plan on playing blackjack do so early in the morning and be gone by 10-10:30 am.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Arrived Sunday, April 18,2019, hotel seems okay for the money. We wanted to gamble a little and spend the night somewhere. Everything was okay until we decided to go to bed, pulled back the spread and both beds looked like someone sleep on the bottom sheet and they put a new clean top sheet on the bed. The bottom sheets was wrinkled and one was turned inside out, while the top sheet was wrinkled free and smooth. Couldn't take a bath in the tub, my friend said that it was dirty, but I thought the coating was coming off the tub. Too nasty looking looking to get into too. We came in about midnight, was planning to leave at 3:00 a.m,, so we didn't bother to notify the desk to change rooms. Notified them when we were leaving and they offered us a free breakfast, if the rooms looked like that, I didn't want to try the food. Staff was nice and friendly. I think the hotel is having issues because of the water from the Mississippi river is high and being pumped out from the hotel. Really worry about the safety of the building

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Calvinia H
RobertO3557, Manager at WaterView Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

I apologize for the condition of your room. Please contact me so that i can take care of the room conditon
and give credit to your account.

Robert Owens