“THIS PLACE IS A SEWER!!!”
Review of Super 8 Vicksburg

Super 8 Vicksburg
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed Friday 06/28/2013-the room was $56.00 and some change...10 minutes after arrival, a terrible storm hit and knocked the power out. The guy at the front desk stated he was not authorized to refund any monies, but graciously provided a number I could call. The power never came back on...the room key did not work...the room carpet was filthy...people were hanging out in the dark hallway. With the sweltering heat and humidity, the smell of the entire facility was absolutely disgusting! Anybody who has stayed at this place and gave a rating of more than 1 is probably dealing crack or cooking meth in one of the rooms there!! I repeat!!! Pay the extra money on up the road!!! TERRIBLE!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank arladie
Manager M, Manager at Super 8 Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the STORM in the area, we lost power for more than 24 hours.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

ive been here at motel 6 for almost two weeks. and I had all kinds of thoughts going on in my mind about where id be staying but you know im glad it was here!! I checked in,in the evening desk clerk very friendly and had everything ready for me my check in went very smooth thanks! get to my room it was very clean.thanks housekeeping dept!!got to have my pets with me without having extra charges on my bill. I will return to motel 6 when passing through again and will recommend to others. thanks motel 6 for making my stay comfortable!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tracey r
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We pulled up and saw 3 scary looking people hanging out in front of the lobby. I was afraid to get out of the car but since we had already booked the reservation, I did not want to be charged. One of those scary people just so happened to be the front desk staff. He was a man with very few words. Never said hello or made eye contact except for when he said 3 things to us: Asked what our reservation was under, if we needed more then one key and have a good night. The lobby was nasty and smelled. When we got in our room, the floor was nasty dirty with stains EVERYWHERE!!! Bathtub was stained and chipped. Water pressure in shower and sink were extremely low. Toilet kept running. Sink was stained, dirty and moldy. All towels were stained!! All of them!! The bed wasn't even made correctly so we had to redo it. When we took off the sheets and the mattress was exposed, there were stains all over. Comforter had either chocolate or an old blood stain. Nasty! No clock in the room either. The website says this location was "refreshed". I have no idea what that means because nothing looked refreshed. Hallways smelled like cigerette smoke. We chose this location because of the price, pets stay free and some reviews. Boy were those previous reviews wrong. We should have booked at the La Quinta down the street. The only good thing about this place is that you get a microwave and fridge. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a perfectly decent Motel 6. I was traveling along I-20 and simply needed a place to sleep for 8 hours. The hotel was quiet, smelled nice, and had amenities above the typical Motel 6. The microwave and refrigerator were an unexpected bonus and the interior corridors were nice. The staff were friendly and efficient both in the evening and the morning.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank David E
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Room came with refrigerator and microwave. Limited TV channel selection.
Only one 120 volt outlet in the room, accessed by crawling under the desk.
Very low water pressure in the shower.
Beds comfortable, good sleep. Quiet location, follow directions carefully. Window stops can be pulled back to fully open window, so we could unload luggage directly into the room.
Entrance to battlefield park maybe 1000 feet away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Donald E A
Reviewed February 19, 2012

After a long day of slowing driving down the Mississippi delta from Memphis, my wife and i stayed a night in Vicksburg. Value was our main concern as we were just looking for a place to sleep and then get up early to visit the Vicksburg National Military Park (which is right next door).

The motel was perfectly fine, and very reasonable. Recommended.

The Vicksburg National Military Park is a bit dry and for Civil War bufffs only. It is not much more then a lot of grass and trees. But I must admit the preserved battleship exhibit was excellent. A very well done exhibit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peter.craig
Reviewed November 15, 2011

When the Hampton Inn (accross the street) turned us down with our dog, we drove across the street to the Motel 6, all of which of course accept Pets. In addition to saving about $80, we got a good night's sleep. The motel is "refreshed" which essentially means they put new bedspreads on their beds. This is a very good location and for anyone who needs pet friendly lodging, an acceptable choice. Just remember, it is a Motel 6. The free Wi-Fi worked great. The grounds were great for the dog as there was lots of open space and was well maintained.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business