See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2014

Between the mysterious white stains over the entire carpet, the inside of the entry door looking worse than any mechanic shop I've ever seen, the quarter-inch of hard water build-up in the bathtub, the stained pillows and mattress (without a mattress cover,), the dust buildup on the top of every outlet, and the stains on the walls from food and drink....just don't go. I slept with my clothes on. And my bare feet never touched the floor. Absolutely the worst hotel I have EVER seen!

Date of stay: September 2014
3  Thank Rebecca R
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Firstly, I rated this "excellent" to attract your attention to my review; NOT because it's an excellent review. However, if you focus on the positive aspects of the accommodation, its really not that bad.
Yes the place is extremely old and run down but they're definitely not claiming otherwise. I've been travelling a long time now and have come to learn what to look for before I hand over my money and what i found in this place was fine - the internet worked immediately and and is a very reasonable speed; the manager (an older man, with white hair and a few moles on his face) was shy but friendly from the moment i walked in the door; he also obliged without issue when i asked to see the room first; i stayed in room 124 and the first thing i noticed was the smell (but couldnt see any mould); the aircon works perfectly and is keeping the room cold; the bed feels comfortable; the shower works very well. YES it is dirty (its probably 30 years old) but its definitely not the dirtiest place ive stayed in the USA and considering its a motel - $40 (inc tax) is a reasonable price if you ask me.

Room tip: 124 is fine - if your booking in advance, keep in mind your booking one of the cheapest motels in town so dont expect a resort like other reviewers seemingly did......
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

The room was very stinky. There were no security at door.
And the room was very dirty, especially the bathroom.
They didn t use vacuum since a lot of time. A lot of stuff on the floor.
Dont go there if you have choice.
There are other chezp motels around

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Fannyfrostmsl
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The manager has no idea what he is doing. There aren't enough remotes for the rooms. was in a downstairs room, which was filthy. The floors still had big chunks of dirt all over them, the mirrors looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. The drawers had dirt and rat poop inside of them. The sheets had dirt all over them, like they hadn't been changed. I had a friend that was upstairs, went to look at her room. It was cleaner than my room, but still not real clean. Most items in the room are either rotten (the night stands, dressers, desks, etc.) has mice, roaches, most of the heaters don't work. The manager is almost never in the lobby where he is supposed to be. He tries to take the trash out and makes huge messes all over the walk way. He does NOT pick the mess up. There was broken glass outside our door that we watched him walk off and leave. Do not stay here, unless you want to see cops drive in and out all night long almost every night. Most of the people that stay there are nothing but a bunch of druggies. It smells horribly every night and most days walking past rooms. Not worth the cheap price. o ya the t.v only gets part of the channels, and is mostly static.

Date of stay: January 2014
3  Thank mom042401
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I just spent 2 weeks at the Scottish Inn in Vicksburg Ms. The room was cool, clean and well furnished. The staff were helpfull and very friendly. They went out of there way to be helpfull. I would recomend the Motel to my friends and I will be staying there again on my next visit (2013). I would have given full marks if the pool would have been open.

Room tip: At the back is quieter
Date of stay: July 2012