“Nice little place”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice little place”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant. Tuesday steak special and Wednesday was shrimp. Great food awesome value. Will definetly return.

“A Lebanese let down & the Southern food is not worth your time.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here when we stumbled upon it, thinking it would be fun to at least have a Lebanese meal which we had read about in the Vicksburg guidebook. The inside had character of the old building and the dining area overlooks the Yazoo River. That is probably the best i can comment on. After quickly perusing the menu, we noticed there wasn't any Lebanese offerings. The waitress told us they stopped serving it a few years ago. So we ordered a typical Southern meal. The hushpuppies we were supposed to receive was a brown and serve roll that was very hard. The greens were so salty that I could hardly eat the second bite. The chicken was over seasoned and my son's burger was not very good. Other patrons were also commenting on the lack of Lebanese food & the poor food in general. The price was less than $40 for 4 people, but I would rather pay another $20 and have lunch at one of the bed & breakfasts.

1 Thank Travel4fun54
Chapel Hill, NC
“Relax and enjoy”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This bar/restaurant is a great place to see the sunset over the rivers, enjoy excellent food and drinks, and receive even better than excellent service. The atmosphere is relaxed, no one rushes you to make decisions, and the gumbo and crab claws hit the spot after a long day. Looking in the door you see the bar, but don't be put off is you are not a bar person. Off to the side is a glass room with nice views and well spaced tables. There you might meet the delightful waitress Philisa (sp). The dining room is non-smoking, but the bar is not. However, the ventilation was very good and my cigarette smoke alley (which can be instant and sever) never kicked in.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs to be on a Gordon Ramsey show--needs help!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My spouse and I thought we walked into a taping of a Gordon Ramsey fix-my-restaurant show when we had lunch here. The place is an excellent candidate for the show.

The black tablecloth was dirty, and a radio played scratchy music because the reception was poor. There was one waitress at lunch for about 5 tables. She did fine, but when we asked how she was, she said "well, I'm here." Didn't make us feel warm and welcomed!

The diet coke came in a can (?!) and my hamburger was dry and had salad lettuce on it ( pieces of salad). My side salad was an appetizer plate with some lettuce and a bunch of cheddar cheese and bacon on top of it. Very bizarre!

Disappointing all around!

1 Thank Ithacobby
Collierville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a shame”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I grew up in Vicksburg and have always supported the Biscuit Company, but no more. We were seated upstairs with the view,thankfully, but that's as good as it got. As for the service, we were an afterthought, when remembered, even though we were the only ones seated at the time. Once our food FINALLY came out it was in lengthy stages. The bread made it's way to the table after the straight- from- a- can, salty "gumbo" was picked through. We decided to fill our empty stomaches with the bread and cut our losses. I wanted to warn the others that began arriving to get out before committing, but only steered one lady away from the gumbo. The salad topped with some kind of meat on it was okay, but none of our orders should have taken no more than 5 minutes to scoop into a bowl or arrange on a plate. As we were leaving, we realized that the food buffet being prepared for an evening event was apparently getting all the attention instead of the lunch crowd. I guess I was expecting it to be a resturant for lunch and not just a bar with adequate bar food. It's a shame; it has SOOOO much potential. Next time we will just go down to Rusty's, but it's always packed...and I know why. Eddie, you can do better.

Visited December 2012