“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Mississippi
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This was my first time to stay @ a Jameson Inn and I was very pleased. The location was easily acessible from I-20, adjacent to the outlet mall and several restaraunts. The staff was very friendly and helpful... nice breakfast, as well. Check out the Nat'l Military Park and Natchez Trace nearby. I will be looking for Jameson Inns again.... hopefully they will all be like this one in Vicksburg!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
consumeradvocate1908
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I am really big on sharing "Best Kept Secrets" that I come across, so I had to make this post about my recent stay at the Jameson Inn during the Labor day Holiday. The facililtes were clean and well exceeded my expectations. The staff was very courteous and ensured that any requests were met promptly. My children and I really enjoyed the FREE breakfast prepared each morning!! The cost of the room was very economical and a bargain for the outstanding service that we experienced during our stay. I was very impressed. If you want excellent customer service, convenient, clean and safe facilities at a great price...then you need to stay at the JAMESON INN!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
vicksburg
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I was quite impressed with the friendly atmosphere and the reception and the services that I recieved by the staff of the Jamison Inn of Vicksburg, MS. I wished I could have felt this from other hotels that I had lodged at in the past. I surely recommmend this hotel as the number one hotel for those who are looking for a place to stay and visit. I know you'll be happy and satisfied with the services. I am a living witness.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Stayed here to see Vicksburgh Military Park. Convenient to Park, Outlet Mall, and not too far from downtown (eat at Rusty's). Booked same day on Hotwire for less than $50. Beds comfortable, bkfst adequate, noisy due to proximity to fwy. OK place to stay, but a bit run down.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I found ourselves travelling unexpectedly to Vicksburg for a funeral, and my mother made hotel reservations for four of us to stay at the Jameson. She said when she called around asking for specific rooms (nonsmoking, ground floor, side by side) and flexibility (due to not knowing the exact date of the funeral just yet) the Jameson was the most cordial of the motel staff.

When we arrived at check in time, our rooms were not quite ready yet, so the desk clerk offered us something upstairs. Since my grandmother has hip problems, we opted to wait for the rooms we had requested. She personally left the desk, sought out the roomkeeping staff, and asked them to clean our rooms next. They went out of their way to clean our rooms for us, and I was grateful for the extra care of the front desk clerk.

The hotel was clean as far as I could see. Everything looked/smelled new for a hotel that age, and I did not see any of the problems mentioned by the previous posters. Believe me, my mother is anal about things being clean and is very sensitive to smoke smells- had there been cleanliness issues everybody in the hotel would have known! As far as previous posters' comments about paper thin walls... I will say that both my mother and her mother are VERY voluminous people and if the air conditioner and tv were off and you were quiet you could sorta hear them when they were talking loudly to one another (and by loudly I mean they're the people you hear laughing over EVERYONE else at the movie theatre). However we left the heater/air conditioner unit on all night and didn't hear a thing from any direction and did not get any complaints from my mother about hearing us newlyweds next door.

I did not go to great lengths to observe the hotel, as I was there for my grandmother's funeral and couldn't care less at the time. I did not eat the breakfast nor go see the pool. My mother did go to the gym and walked on the treadmill and commented that it was way nicer than treadmill at the gym she goes to at her place of employment. The staff was very considerate of our situation and did not bother us the morning we were to check out as they could see we were getting ready to go to the funeral. Housekeeping didn't even knock on the door to ask when we were leaving like I have seen before at numerous motels at this price.

I just wanted a place to lay my head that was clean and not rat/roach infested. The motel exceeded those expectations and succeeded at displaying an appropriate amount of customer service for a $70/night motel. It's not a Hilton, but it sure was enough for me.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DorkLove
Copperas Cove, TX
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Good hotel. Affordable, clean and great location. Easy to get to the battlefield. The rooms were well maintained. Good for the family.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
St. Louis
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I hate to say anything negative, but folks have to know how dirty this motel is, and even their "Updated" rooms need some tender loving updating and modernizing. I actually stayed here a year ago as well as they are close to where I have to go, and are pet friendly. I will not stay here again next year as I was not comfortable. The bathroom is obviously something I look at as one of the first things. I immediately noticed the hair in the shower, as well as months of foot grease (you know what I mean) on the bottom of the tub. I went out and bought some bleach cleaner and cleaned it myself. Picture attached.

The front door definitely needed replaced. You can see day light under it, as well as all the way up the side. On the inside (see picture) it looked like it had been broken into at one time, and they never fixed the paint or wall paper. There's just no attention to detail and housekeeping needs some schooling on cleanliness issues.

Over all, the stay was just ok. On a scale of 1-10, probably a 4. I mean come on, at least have the bathroom clean. Had the bed not been extremely clean, I would have requested a 3rd room. In the first room the AC didn't work so they moved me next door. I do believe this is obviously a managment issue that needs to be corrected as it's giving Jamison Inn a bad name. I hope they indeed take note.

It's not all bad though, it's close to the outlet mall, and the Chinese Buffett. No hard feelings, they just need some help.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — Room was dirty
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels