“Mehh”

The Tomato Place
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went here based on trip advisor reviews. Nothing special. Small place, as listed on here. They advertise as a placed to get canned/bottled this and that. Didn't really have anything when I was there. Got fried yams, which was basically a sweet potato sliced up and fried. No sauces offered/available for it, so it was kinda dry. I got a "4th of July" smoothie, which was pretty good. The smoothies are take your chances though. There is no list of ingredients for each one and when I asked, no one offered to help me figure out what was in which ones. The one I had was blueberries, bananas and strawberries?

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I tried this place because of TA reviews. We had BLTs and they were quite good. My husband enjoyed his fruit smoothie. This place is tiny inside and seemed messy. I expected more desserts to be on display. Overall, this was an interesting and fun experience.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped on our way home from the Blues Fest in Helena. It was great way to finish our trip. We ordered the fried green tomaotes, which were perfection. Our sandwich order consisted of the BLT-great bread and loaded with tomaotes-and the Grilled Salmon and Avocado poboy-the sauce that this was dressed with pulled this together for a delicious combination. Try the limeade. This will become a regular stop for us!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Eclectic and funky. Best BLT I have ever had!! Off the beaten path but worth it. Small colorful shack on the road side.

1  Thank jkdaves
Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you are looking for a quirky Southern food experience, look no further than The Tomato Place. It appears to be a produce stand, but don't be fooled! They have excellent southern food. When you go in, be sure to grab a smoothie concoction from the freezers on the left - all made with fresh fruit and frozen solid. Hand it to the folks behind the counter and they'll whip it up so you can enjoy a cool smoothie with your awesome fried catfish po-boy or BLT! Don't forget to try some fried okra while you're there, and maybe pick up some homemade fresh bread to go.

Been to The Tomato Place? Share your experiences!