“Could stay here for a very long time!”
Review of Attic Gallery

Attic Gallery
Ranked #15 of 40 things to do in Vicksburg
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've visited many galleries in many countries but have never found such an inviting, intimate one as this. The owner is more than gracious and helpful and has so many stories... it's the kind of place where you instantly feel a connection~ and then there is the art! So many pieces, so much to see and get to know...so looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've visited galleries in London, Paris, New York, Chicago, Prague, LA, Rome, Florence, Taos, Santa Fe, and Barcelona among others, including numerous galleries in New Orleans and Memphis, easy drives from Jackson Mississippi where I live; but I've never seen anything to equal the Attic Gallery in Vicksburg, Mississippi. It is the most amazing place I've ever laid eyes on; so much so that many weekends find me on the highway to Vicksburg.
Lesley Silver, the genial proprietor, told me she has been in business 40 years. Her success, I believe, is due to her knack for knowing what artists will appeal to a wide spectrum of visitors from far and near. The gallery is filled to overflowing with the most incredible and eclectic paintings, sculptures, hand blown art glass, hand thrown pottery, beautiful hand-carved wooden boxes, and handmade jewelry. There are items for every possible excellent taste, so it's my favorite place to shop for gifts, and I've decorated several rooms in my house with paintings and sculptures from the Attic Gallery No one visits me in Jackson without a road trip to the Attic Gallery in Vicksburg. Its location is on the corner or Washington and Grove streets, above Highway 61 Coffeehouse, which is owned and operated by Daniel Boone, it's the best coffee house between Dallas and Atlanta and features live entertainment. Next door is the extraordinary Lorelei Books with a knowledgeable and helpful proprietor in the person of Laura Weeks. If you stop at only one place in Vicksburg, it's the 3 businesses at the corner of Washington and Grove. All 3 of these attractions have web sites that I highly recommend visiting.

2  Thank Olgrumbler
Reviewed March 6, 2012

If I had more money and lived in Vicksburg, I would decorate my walls with works from Attic. However, the prices were out of my range for what I wanted to spend on wall dressings. The art was nice though and the owner/crowd there were friendly and helpful. I did end up buying a little something, since it was difficult to leave there empty handed.

1  Thank RovingProfessor
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The Attic Gallery in Vicksburg is a great art gallery. There is art of all kinds from floor to ceiling, in piles, and in every nook and cranny. Lesley Silver, the owner, knows her many artists well and offers a range of reasonably priced oil paintings, water paintings, sculpture, metal workings, mixed media pieces, wood carvings, and drawings. The gallery includes many local and regional artists, including many African-American artists. Lesley is very helpful and friendly and offered us great service and assistance. The place demands a full exploration as there are many hidden gems to bring back home to forever remember your travels to Vicksburg.

1  Thank BSSGSS
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The Attic Gallery is JAM PACKED with seemingly innumerable paintings, sculptures, drawings, original prints, etc etc etc. They have outsider art, contemporary art, folk art, funky stuff, fun stuff, and jewelry too. There is also a good coffee house on the lowest level with quality espresso. http://atticgallery.blogspot.com/

2  Thank rlaneberg