“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Atlanta, GA
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

We stayed here while travelling on I-20 W for one night. The hotel is fairly new. It was a pleasurable experience for us. The room were smartly appointed and decorated very nicely. The beds were very comfortable & clean. The staff was very friendly. I would definetly stay here again. Don't eat at the chinese buffet next door, it wasn't horrible for a buffet, but not that good. The hotel is located right by the shopping mall so if you are looking to shop it's a great location. Also, there are many, many historic homes to visit close by. They also serve breakfast and have a happy hour in the evening.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

While on a road trip, we decided to stop in Vicksburg and we are pretty loyal to La Quinta for their Rewards program. Called to see if Vicksburg location had availability- they did so we booked. Showed up later with exhausted family. I wasn't really happy with the loiters in the parking lot to begin with and the room was in sorry shape- but we were so exhausted we decided we could handle 6 hours in it. I so wished we had not. When we woke up in the morning we got a full view of the condition of the room. Previous poster here mentioned mold OVER A YEAR AGO. It's still there- in fact, it was in the AC unit. Wallpaper ripping, holes in the wall, bug in the shower, I could go on and on.

Worst part is we paid $114 for the room- I've stayed in Super 8's and Motel 6's in better shape.

It is in sad, sad shape and should not be associated with the La Quinta brand. Lame.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank mota73

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

The first thing I noticed wrong, was when we got in bed, the sheet's were so thin that you could see thru them. Then, when I happend to look up at the picture frame, I saw that it was spotted with mold ! It was already late, my husband's elderly father was with us and they were at full capacity. So, when we left the next morning, we told them we would not be back there again. We usually meet there twice a year to visit and play the casino's. Oh, the bed and pillow's were horrible also.
When we filled out the survey from the hotel, the manager said that "they" were going to be remodeling... the is bad management and bussiness to have let it go this far.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The cleanliness.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank travelingcouple566
Pascagoula, MS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

We were in Vicksburg for just one night and I was able to check out the property first. I wanted something with a river view but was afraid to make advance reservations after reading some of the reviews. There were enough good reviews to keep my interest, so we checked it out.

When we got there we looked at three different rooms to find a refrigerator, we didn't find one, but we chose a room we liked and stayed.

All the rooms we looked at were clean and smelled nice. The staff was nice and helpful that evening and also the next morning for breakfast and check-out.

We have stayed at nicer places and unfortunately worse. The place could use a little updating, especially on the outside. But for a clean room, nice price, with a great view of the river I would recommend it.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank bbqman
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2005

I have stayed @many LaQuinta's and this is the worst. We stayed only one night due to the fact we couldn't shut our door properly and the room was just not up to our standards. We also had old linens w/ cigarette burns. Wouldn't reccomend this inn to anyone!

• Stayed August 2003, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Madison. Ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2004

The room had to be the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Like a closet. Hard to watch TV from the bed and reception was horrible. Location is good, right by Ameristar. Stay at Ameristar's hotel instead if you can.

3 Thank orlando-davis
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2004

Great view of the MS. River!! I could not find anything "wrong" with my room, reservation, stay, etc. Enjoyed my stay!!!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member