“It was great”

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“It was great”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My initial arrival I was greeted by a young woman named sharmaine, she was very attentive to my wants and needs. She was very approachable and gave very good service. Even gave me directions on where to get a good meal. The next morning I went to the breakfast and was greeted by a woman named Kendra who happen to be the manager and she too presented herself very well. She was very approachable and polite. I recommend this days inn strongly and will be returning there the next time I visit Vicksburg

• Stayed April 2014
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the service while you were here. Be sure to ask an Associate about the great shopping, dining and parks located near the hotel. They will be happy to assist you in finding what you are looking for and providing directions to get you there.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sardis, Mississippi
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel was perfect for me, and anyone else who's low-key and likes to travel efficiently. Good price, no frills, excellent location. Yes, there are suitcase scuffs on the floorboards, and, yes, this area is somewhat isolated, particularly at night, but I had no issues finding my way to the adjacent casino's or shopping centers. Easy to get around town from here by way of Washington Avenue or I-20. I enjoyed some nice walks at the Riverfront Park and eating at the Riverwalk casino - maybe a little over 3 minutes to each. Despite some of the less than desirable reviews, I would not hesitate to book a room here again. Thanks to the staff for being very helpful anytime I needed anything. Would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: reserve rooms on second floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We enjoyed having you stay with us and we appreciate you writing a review of the hotel. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations for the stay and we hope to see you again in the future. The river front park is just one of the great attractions in the city. Be sure to ask an Associate about some more great things to see and do while you are in the city. They will be happy to provide suggestions and directions for you. Thank you once again!
north west
Reviewed April 21, 2014

A very ordinary motel with an extraordinary view across the Mississippi to Arkansas. It even has a pool and hot tub looking across the river. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There's a fridge, coffee machine etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We strive to make sure that our guest are comfortable and enjoy their stay. Our riverview is extraordinary and one of our greatest attributes. If you are ever in the area again I would like to invite you back. Thank you once again for staying with us here at Days Inn & Suites.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel. Don't get me wrong some of the reviews kind of scared me but when I got there I realized what are these people talking about. First thing first. I check in and was greeted by a black girl name Tonya with a beautiful smile. She was so nice and pleasant. She check me into my room. The room she gave me was nice. The only wrong was I didn't have any towels so I called the front desk and she brought me some quickly and apologize for the mistake. I love the view of the river which was gorgeous. I love there and I will return soon. Your front desk clerk was amazing. Thanks Tonya!!!!!

Room Tip: the rooms at the end with the view of the river
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for your honest review of our property. I am so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We are continously striving to make each and every guest comfortable and satisfied with their stay with us. We are still under-going renovations and will be complete very soon. If you are in the area again I would like to invite you back. Once again thank you for choosing Days Inn & Suites.
Farmerville, Louisiana
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very poor hotel. Old and nasty. Reservation was not at hotel. My room was given away and I was offered something different than what I reserved. They gave me someone else's room who supposedly had not arrived but they were in the room when I got there. So now the only thing left is a "small apt" as it was described. It was nasty, there was a used condom wrapper under the bed. The furniture was all mixed match and old and nasty. The carpet was tacked to the floor and you could see the tacks. The sheets looked terrible. I was scared to sleep there and I did not. I will never stay there again and unless you want a cheap, dirty motel I don't recommend you stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmaznLdy
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I personally apologize that we didn't exceed your expectations. Our number one goal here at Days Inn & Suites is to make sure our guest have that at home experience so that they can feel more comfortable. We are striving for that comfortablility feeling for all of our guest, and that's why its a disappointment that we didn't provide you with that service. We are currently going through renovations so that we can make sure that all of our rooms are upgraded. The renovations include new bedding packages, new carpets, new tubs, new furniture, and new aesthetics and once our renovations are complete and if you are ever in the area again I would like to personally invite you back. Once again I apologize about your inconviences.

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Feb. 27, 2014....I read the reviews and saw the managers response stating they were being remodeled and thought, ok, they should be done and even asked when I called. They said they had this great remodel completed....if that is true I would hate to have seen it before. The bedspreads were stained and burned with cigerettes, the walls were filthy, the bathtub was beyond gross....it looked as if it has never been cleaned. The carpet was stained and sticky, the chairs were broken and the coffee pot didn't work. We asked for our money back but were told no because we had been checked in for over 20 minutes. The clerk saw that we went to eat at Waffle House located 100 yds in front of her office before we went up to our room. We had no choice but to stay or loose the $70 we were charged for this dump.
So, I took photos and put my review on here. Do NOT offer me a free night to come back because I NEVER will. We asked for a refund a were denied.
THIS PLACE IS A NIGHTMARE !!!
DON'T BOTHER GIVING THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT LIKE I DID!!! BIG MISTAKE

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank MICHELLE W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize profusely about all of your inconviences that occured during your stay. We are currently going through renovations; so I again apologize that the wrong information was given to you. Our renovation project implements upgrading all of the rooms by sections. The renovation project also includes new bedding packages, tubs, new carpets, new aesthestics, plus more. Once again I personally apologize about your stay, and would still like to invite you back to our newly renovated hotel.