“Improvements needed! Ok for a couple days.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg

Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Vicksburg
Waynesboro
“Improvements needed! Ok for a couple days.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If our room would have been have as nice as the lobby, this Days Inn would have a much better rating and we would have had a much better stay. The view and price is unbeatable for this area; though, maintenance to our room was needed - outlets not secured to the wall, carpet worn, wallpaper peeling, and outdated furnishings. We also had a visit from one HUGE spider which really spooked us out! We took care of him and examined the rest of the place to be sure there weren't more. The place has much more potential...come on Wyndham, update this place. Lobby was very nice as was the service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time out and writing a review about our property. I apologize for all of your inconveniences that you experienced. We are in the process of renovations to our property so that all guest can have a great stay. Once renovations are complete I would like to personally invite you back to our property so that you can experience a new an improved Days Inn & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Staff is nice , view is spectacular. A/C works great. Property needs major overhaul. This could be a beautiful place to stay and they could charge twice as much for a room if they updated the rooms to be as nice as the front office. But the rooms are nasty. Carpet had a 3 foot tear. The electrical outlet that was near the bed, is missing - just a rectangle hole in the wall. So I had to plug my phone in across the room. Bathtub was dirty, yucky - bathroom floor dirty. The diverter on the tub faucet shoots water instead of changing the flow of water from tub to shower head. There is no phone in our room, front desk said "yaah that room doesn't have a phone". Room had 2 small bath towels, we asked for an extra for my hair, staff checked, but they didn't have any more towels. Sheets seemed clean and mattress ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I would like to personally apologize about your current stay here at Days Inn & Suites. Our main focus is guest satisfaction and it is very unpleasant to hear that it wasn't reached. I would like to be the first to let you know that we are in the process of renovating all or our rooms to make sure that all of our guest have great, enjoyable, and memorable moments. When our renovations are complete I would like to invite you back so that you can experience the new comings here with us.

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Fairfield Bay, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Needed a value place for a1 night stay. Great location right off int.20. Traveling back to Arkansas from Florida. Waffle House located right besides motel. So you can walk to it for a great late night supper or breakfast. A must place to eat. Great hash browns. Clean. Good service. Hotel was fine. Good for a traveler. Nice view from motel overlooking the Mississippi River. A must see.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for writing a honest review about our property. I am excited to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Days Inn & Suites. Our main concern is to make sure that our guest leave here with a smile on the face, and knowing that we accomplished that with you is very important to us. One of our greatest attributes is our location. We are overlooking the Mighty Mississippi River and we are conveniently located off of Interstate 20 and we are glad that this was a plus for you. If you are visiting the area again we would like to welcome you back.
Auburn, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked this room via Wyndham Rewards. While I was not seeking a luxury hotel, I hoped for a clean and decent room. This hotel failed to deliver in many ways. First the negatives, I booked a non-smoking room, yet the only available when I checked in was smoking. The desk clerk did not work very hard to try to find a non-smoking room. The room itself had numerous small holes in the wall, a one inch crack under the door, and rust in the bathtub drain. The towels were dingy. The free continental breakfast is meager. There was a bum hanging out near the fence in front of the hotel.

The positives of this hotel is its location, which is right off of I 20 and very close to the casinos in town. There is a nice view of the river from some of the rooms on the end of the hotel. There is a Waffle House in the parking lot.

Overall, I would likely not stay here again, even for the cheap price, which is one of the lowest among the name brand hotels in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end near the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for Days Inn & Suites. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I would like to let you know that I have already implemented an improvement project with my maintenance and housekeeping teams. I have also spoke with my desk clerks and was informed that your reservation arrived late and we were already completely booked and I do apologize for that. I would like to let you know that we are working hard to make improvements. We would like to invite you back in the near future to see the spectacular changes that will be made here Days Inn & Suites.
Vidor, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed one night. The employees were nice and helpful. The view was amazing! Aesthetically, the room wasn't appealing, but it looked like they were renovating some of the rooms next door to us so maybe our room was to be next. The room looked clean. The mattress looked new (I know because I always look for bed bugs) and the water pressure was heavenly. Couldn't find a TV remote in our bedroom. Not a huge deal. Like I said, it wasn't pretty to look at. Cracks in the bathroom wall, mirror was messed up in some places, toilet leaked water, huge hole in the bedspread, the lighting was very dim except by the bed but we had a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV in the suite. Hopefully it will be updated soon. We will come back in hopes of that happening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review about our property. First, I would like to thank you personally for choosing Days Inn & Suites for your lodging accommodations. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced. As you stated in your review, we are in the processing of renovating our hotel so that we can make sure our guest experiences a great stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the view of the Mighty Mississippi River, and we enjoyed having you here and look forward to serving you again.
Parrish, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were staying in Vicksburg for a week stormchasing and was interested in staying at the Days Inn but were told at the Welcome Center that they did not allow pets (we were travelling with two cats). After checking out several of the motels in the area my husband decided to call Days Inn and was told they had changed their policy and did allow pets although did not advertise the fact. One of the managers was on duty when we checked in and she did give us a good deal for staying a week. We felt the room was a good size although it was a bit worn. My biggest complaint was the breakfast. It was very limited with only boxed cereal or a few pastries. We would arrive at breakfast about halfway between the hours and either the juice was already gone or the cereal was gone. And the front desk staff on duty at that time was not allowed to replenish anything since the supplies were locked in the office which the staff member did not have access to. People had to wait for a manager to arrive which wasn't until 8:30 or 9:00 am. We would probably stay here again because of the location and the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our property. Thank you for staying here at Days Inn & Suites. I am glad that you will give us a second chance and stay here again with us. We strive to make sure our guest is taken care of under all aspects and I would like to personally apologize that our breakfast didn't meet your expectations. When you are in the area again make sure you come and visit us in our newly renovated rooms. Thank you once again.