“Not up to usual standards”

Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
MARION
“Not up to usual standards”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was not pleased with this room. It was not up to it's usual standards. The floor had gum stuck to it that seemed to have been there for awhile. The night stand drawer was sticky-not sure with what. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. For the extra jacked up price because of New Year's eve they charged-was not worth it. Booking was easy on line and accurate, checking in and out was good.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are better not by stairs or elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about our property. We strive for all of our guest to have an excellent stay and I apologize that we did not succeed your expectations. Our maintenance and housekeeping department has rectified all inconviences that you experienced. We are currently renovating all rooms and adding new aesthetics to them. I would like to invite you back in the near future if you are in the area again. Once again accept my apologies for all issues.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was a fairly standard Days Inn and the quality of rooms was better than most that I had stayed in. Value was very good and included breakfast although this was limited. The location was convenient right next to the bridge into Louisianna. There are a lot of truckers here and the only problem we had was the early morning departure of noisy trucks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end to get excellent views of the Mississippi and also avoid the noise from ea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for writing a honest review about our property. We appreciate you staying with us and knowing that your stay was comfortable and excellent is great for us because we strive to make sure that we satisfy our guest under all circumstances. However; I apologize about the noise level that you experienced. I would like to invite you back whenever you are in the area in the near future. I would like to thank you again from Days Inn & Suites.
PENSACOLA
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff were friendly and helpful. The main issue is the room aesthetics which were average and below average due to structural issues (hole in wall, peeling wallpaper, etc.). But it was quiet, clean and comfortable. The WiFi was great and the refrigerator/microwave was a plus. My reservation in recommending the hotel to others is due to the aesthetics. If upgraded/repaired it is a good bargain for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your response to our property. We also would like to thank you for choosing our property. I apologize that we didn't in all ways exceed your expectations. Our main concern is to make sure our guest are satisfied with their stay. We have recently started renovating our rooms and adding more aesthetics to them and I would like to take the time to invite you back so that you can see all of the changes that we have implemented. Again thank you for your feedback.
Winnemucca, Nevada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked this motel online the day we were going to get there. Check in was easy, she was very friendly and knowledgeable about things in the area. The hotel does have a wonderful view of the river and the bridge, the pool is beautiful and very clean. I had booked a king bedroom and would have been happy with a queen and I told her so..well, we go to the room she assigned and it was huge! A big king size four poster bed, 2 white leather couches, chairs, huge tv..awesome! The bed was closed to new, the linens nice and crisp! The a/c worked like a charm! The bathroom could have used a little work as the door was rubbing on the floor but again nothing to complain about. Clean! I would suggest a full length mirror somewhere in the room, as only the one over the sink was the only one there, and my wife had to stand on tip toes to see in the mirror to put her make up on.
I would suggest they take a look at their breakfast, we went in and went next door to waffle house for breakfast. The hotel only had a few pieces of white bread, and a few packaged muffins, coffee...I realize this is an inexpensive motel, but a little better breakfast would certainly be an improvement. Again, will we stay here again?? You bet we will.!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback on our hotel. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Days Inn. We understand the concerns you had with the bathroom door and I have collaborated with my maintenance team to make sure that will be taken care of before your next stay. Also we added a different variety of breakfast items. We really are ecstatic that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your response, we really appreciate it and hope to see you soon.
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Days Inn and Suites before it was a few years back I was pleased to see that the place had improved dramatically the front desk was knowledgeable about the surrounding area and willing to help with any small detail the rooms were clean and had a fresh smell to it I was pleased to see that everything worked this time , at any rate I would recommend the Days Inn and Suites to my friends and family still love the view thank you

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for giving us your honest review about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and strive to make sure that our guest are very comfortable as well as knowledgable about the area. We are glad to know that we did meet all of your expectations. I welcome you back anytime when you are in the area.
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed September 20, 2012

There are redeeming attributes to this hotel. The staff was nice and they upgraded me from a queen suite to king suite when I arrived. The hotel was very cheap; (I guess I get what I pay for) it was only $50 for a night. This hotel's parking lot also has a very nice view of the river. As for the room, I felt dirty as soon as I walked in. I think it needed to be remodeled 10 years ago. The bedspread looked like it should have been replaced at least 10 years ago as well. It looked like a rat had been chewing on it. The bath tub was filthy as well. The bathroom fan also needs to be replaced. It was extremely loud. The breakfast was also extremely lacking. The bagels tasted like they were a week old. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do stay here don't eat at the Waffle House next door. It'sjust as dirty as the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms so that we can provide the best services for all of our guest. Our main concern is to make sure we provide the best customer service and offer nice, clean, and comfortable rooms. Once again accept our apologies.Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Mississippi
Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I stay in Vicksburg I always stay at this hotel. Yes it is an older hotel,but the rooms are always clean and the beds are so comfortable. The staff is so friendly and helpful. I always feel at home when I am visiting. The view is excellent and the pool is inviting. The breakfast has a wide variety to choose from. This hotel is close to the casinos and the historical district and is very easy to get to get to.

Room Tip: the end of the hotel has the best view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MississippiRoundtown
Kendra T, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for writing a response for your great services that you received. We here at Days Inn & Suites strive for all of our guest to have an exceptional stay. We appreciate you and value your comments. It is always a pleasure for us to exceed our guest expectations. We hope to see you again in the future