“Classiets Place in Vicksburg”

Roca Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 132 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Euro Influenced, Southern Made"Named after his Great Great Grandmother Roca Solier, who was born in the 1800's. Parmegiani wanted to represent both his European heritage and his Southern roots. He blends old world cooking techniques he learned from his father, Jacques Parmegiani, with ingredients indigenous to the South.ROCA Restaurant & Bar reflects both ends of Jay's culinary experience, from his grandmother's amazing Southern soul food to his father's classically French-Italian fair.ROCA has become a local favorite recognized in several local and national publications, as well as being voted Vicksburg's Best Restaurant, Best Locally Owned Business, Friendliest Service, Best Business Lunch, and Best Fine Dining by the Vicksburg Readers' Choice Awards.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Roca is part of the Vicksburg Country Club. You will see plain folk there and Judge Smails from Bushwood. But, it is the best and classiets restaurant in Vicksburg. I started with a Manhatten which was well made. Proceeded to a glass of Pinot Noir which I returned as corked and got a Malbec. Had the redfish which was pretty good. Left there full and in good spirits. Wait staff was fine. I would return there. In Vicksburg, the choices are limited to this nice place and a bunch of Denny's type places. Good to have a class place as a choice.

There are newer reviews for Roca Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 8, 2013

One of the dishes I like to have when in Louisiana and Mississippi is redfish, especially blackened. However, my wife doesn't like blackened food, and we always share a meal. I thought the Gulf Fish Almondine might be a be a good compromise, and I was right. the flavor was amazing, as if it was blackened without the pepper, and the almondine sauce was very flavorful. The rice and baby green beans were also very good. I can recommend the pecan lace cookie thingy on the dessert menu as well. Very light and very good.

The restaurant is on a golf course and the attire is fairly casual. It was loud and dark, so not necessarily a good place for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Looked up this restaurant after trying Rusty's and seeing the long line out the door. My duck was EXCELLENT as was my husband's steak! Had tiramisu for dessert that was the bomb. First time here, been to Rusty's several times...next time plan on coming back to Roca!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My son took me to Rocca for a special Mother's Day meal, and believe me I was not disappointed, the crab cake I had for appetizer was to die for and then came the best filet I have ever had, so tender you could actually cut it with a fork, the atmosphere was great and the my waiter was Johnny on the spot, I will surely be going back again and again, way to go Jay!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overlooking the 18th hole at the Vicksburg Country Club, Roca offers great vistas at all times. The bright, modern dining room and open kitchen look au courant, but the cuisine leans to comfort food and classic, country club fare. Steaks and seafood are well prepared, and weekend brunch items are delicious. Prices are reasonable and drinks are generous. No wonder this is a popular place.

Been to Roca Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!