“Better than Rusty's”

Roca Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 132 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Euro Influenced, Southern Made"Named after his Great Great Grandmother Roca Solier, who was born in the 1800's. Parmegiani wanted to represent both his European heritage and his Southern roots. He blends old world cooking techniques he learned from his father, Jacques Parmegiani, with ingredients indigenous to the South.ROCA Restaurant & Bar reflects both ends of Jay's culinary experience, from his grandmother's amazing Southern soul food to his father's classically French-Italian fair.ROCA has become a local favorite recognized in several local and national publications, as well as being voted Vicksburg's Best Restaurant, Best Locally Owned Business, Friendliest Service, Best Business Lunch, and Best Fine Dining by the Vicksburg Readers' Choice Awards.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Looked up this restaurant after trying Rusty's and seeing the long line out the door. My duck was EXCELLENT as was my husband's steak! Had tiramisu for dessert that was the bomb. First time here, been to Rusty's several times...next time plan on coming back to Roca!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My son took me to Rocca for a special Mother's Day meal, and believe me I was not disappointed, the crab cake I had for appetizer was to die for and then came the best filet I have ever had, so tender you could actually cut it with a fork, the atmosphere was great and the my waiter was Johnny on the spot, I will surely be going back again and again, way to go Jay!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overlooking the 18th hole at the Vicksburg Country Club, Roca offers great vistas at all times. The bright, modern dining room and open kitchen look au courant, but the cuisine leans to comfort food and classic, country club fare. Steaks and seafood are well prepared, and weekend brunch items are delicious. Prices are reasonable and drinks are generous. No wonder this is a popular place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

ROCA Restaurant is a favorite of ours. My wife and I love to go and she usually gets the fried chicken and I love the steaks (and the pizzas and pretty much everything I've ever had here).
I am pleased at how Vicksburg's dining scene has evolved with the addition of this restaurant, and couldn't more highly recommend a place to eat. It's always clean, well staffed, and killer good food. You might want to pace yourself, because if you see all the different desserts coming out of the kitchen to other guests, you're gonna want one of everything.

So, go all out, starve yourself for a day, and do yourself a favor. Chef Jay has got something great going on in Vicksburg with this place!! Can't wait to get back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Roca is our "go to" restaurant. We can always depend on good food and good service. We have NEVER been disappointed. The wait staff is knowable and accomdating.

Been to Roca Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!