All reviews full kitchen free laundry greyhound bus station extended stay pet fee first floor home away from home comfort inn night's sleep comfortable beds we've stayed gym microwave housekeeper ms mississippi
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

My kids are getting older, they would rather spend holidays at a nice hotel and grab take out. The rooms were really spacious and clean. Full kitchen with all the amenities needed to cook. The staff was nice. The indoor pool was freezing cold. So do not expect a heated pool during winter months. The inside of the building was cold as well. They had free fruit which my kids loved. Great hotel. Sorry didn't get any pics.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Kala R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2019

Thank you for you feedback and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is very clean. I stayed in a king suite and it had everything you could possibly need. The bed was comfy and the room was spacious. I didn’t utilize it but apparently laundry services are free. The staff was pleasant and the property is maintained well.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again if by chance you are in the area.

Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

My crew and myself stayed at this establishment for a month and a half. This hotel is used to setting us as we do a lot of work at Grand Gulf Nuclear. The thing I liked the most was the free guest laundry on the first floor, which comes in handy if you find yourself on the road for a while. I suppose that you could not wash and thereby walk around in filth all day, but you would probably not make many friends. The gym was a bit cramped, but not many people exercise outside of staring at Facebook all day.

I thought the rooms were up to par, but the wifi is a bit slow unless you use an ethernet cord. Also, the parking lot is a bit small, so don't come in with a huge load like Kiger attempted to do one time, which nearly got him assaulted.

There are several restaurants located nearby within walking distance. There is also a gas station across the road, but the combined IQ of that staff might be around 50. The Greyhound bus station is across the road as well, so you can gawk at the individuals who use that service.

All in all this was a decent stay and I won't hesitate to stay here again. Boom!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Carolyn P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites as your home away from home while visiting Vicksburg, MS. We appreciate your feedback and we always strive to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Kala

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Awesome staff! Great everything!!! Never felt more at home. Been here two months call it home. They call me ny name everyone . Very clean, on top of everything. YES I WOULD STAY HERE!! Again. Come as a guest leave a friend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Carolyn P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Dear John M,
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your stay at Candlewood Suites in Vicksburg, MS. We really enjoyed you being here over the past few months and hope in the future we can see you again.
Kala

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

After a long day of traveling, we decided to stop in Vicksburg, MS. We went to trip advisor to find a hotel with a pool and hot tub. Since it looked like rain we choose Candlewood suites. During the check in process I asked if both the pool and hot tub we're up and running. I was assured that they both were so we checked in. We got on our swim suits and headed for the hot tub and found the water was not hot nor we're the Jets working so we looked at the pool and there was all kinds of trash floating and on the bottom of the pool. We decided not to get in the pool. I went to the front desk and asked if there was a trick to make the hot tub work and they walked out with me and turned the standard timer on and nothing but they said it was wondering because you could see water moving but that was from the recirculation pump not the Jets and still no heat. We have stayed at candlewood suites before and have had excellent visits but not this time. Next Time I will ask to see the pool and hot tub before checking in.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Patricia J, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Hello Average_Guy2010,

Thank you for taking time to do a review of our Hotel. We use feedback such as yours to make continuous changes. Sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy the pool and hot tub during your stay with us, and we have addressed this issue with our Engineer. We hope you give us the chance to serve you again in the future.

Tomeka Swartz