“"More than I expected"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“"More than I expected"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, it was late and I was tired. We walked up to the front desk and Jessica greeted us with a smile and by name. So Im assuming we were the last to check in lol. She had our keys ready so the check in was quick like I needed it to be but in the short time of check in she informed us of everything we needed to know. VERY PROFESSIONAL!!! We made it to our room...WOW!! The room had a relaxing and comfortable sense about it. I really did not expected to have a full kitchen in the room. And since I would rather cook than eat out this was a major plus for this hotel. The beds slept great and the sheets were very fresh. The kids really enjoyed the HEATED INDOOR POOL!! All smiles for them. We have never stayed at a Candlewood before actually had never heard of Candlewood but Candlewood Suites of Vicksburg MS has put the brand on the map for my family and me. I also will be informing my boss of this hotel.

Room Tip: I would assume any room would be good. We stayed in room 315
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Horseshoe Bend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My 5 recognizes that this is a traveler's hotel and not a high end resort hotel. That said, I have to say drinking my AM coffee from a real cup, having an ice maker in the room along with a good recliner and a DVD player for my movies makes even a one night stay more comfortable. The staff here is particularly friendly and helpful. Excellent stopover, and the price is right.

Room Tip: The back seems very quiet with no road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Staff is nice, friendly and helpful. Lots of towels is a plus. Free laundry (buy your own soap) pool, snacks for sale. The rooms are clean and the linens are a little more upscale than the usual. Really great place!

• Stayed March 2013
Dothan, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have traveled to this area on business 5 times over the past month. Each time, I am greeted with a heart-felt welcome and addressed by my name after the first visit. Amy, at the front desk always has a smile and is very accommodating - from her service to my room assignments, to restaurant recommendations, to checking maps as to my next location, or even just chatting about the local shopping. The room was very roomy, and served my travel needs. Towels were plentiful, and the room was quiet and wake up calls were on time each morning - that's huge to me! Oh yeah, they were more than welcome to honor my company's corporate rate and acknowledged me as a Priority Club Member. I can overlook some small things when the big picture is outstanding - thanks for making a difference!

Room Tip: Double Queen Rooms are my favorite - complete with spacious flooring, teakwood curved desk, and recl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is really quite a nice motel, with clean, well-furnished rooms and a friendly staff . . . . and a decent, if not marvelous, enclosed pool. The one problem we had was with their electrical system -- we kept blowing a breaker in our breaker box (each room has their own), and we weren't using any 'heavy' appliances . . . . no hair driers, no curling irons, nothing that should stress the system. But we had to have the maintenance guy down 2 or 3 times while were were there, and there were times when he was off-site, so we had to wait a while 'til he got back.

I'd go back -- but I'd try to pick a different room and cross my fingers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We came with my family and for business so we needed a place that was good for extended stay and included a kitchen. Generally, it was a good place. However, it was not clean. My 1.5 year old who was still crawling got filthy and I ended up cleaning the linoleum floor myself while we were there. After that, I cleaned everything my baby touched that I could. Additionally, it is visibly poor construction inside and has been quickly constructed. This hotel will be falling apart and soon. Made me wonder if the structure had been slapped together as ill as the inside. Stay there if you must but I cannot whole heartedly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Vicksburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear purpleapple7,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the property. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to the Housekeeping Department. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vicksburg, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you are staying in Vicksburg for work or extended stay, one week in this hotel is enough. Poor housekeeping and poor waste disposal in hallways. Front desk staff are friendly. Try The Valley for anything longer than a week.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business