Candlewood Suites Vicksburg
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I recently visited Vicksburg for Spring Break, we stayed for 5 days. When we checked in, our information and room key was waiting on us and all I had to do is show ID, credit card and sign. The room was very clean! The beds were very comfortable. The pool is in a separate building directly outside of the back door which we loved because the kids did not have to be quiet, they could enjoy themselves. The service was great, anything I asked for was given to us with a smile. My FAVORITE thing about our stay was that there was not people in our room at all. Housekeeping has a daily or weekly service. This means that I did not have to worry about some one going through my belongings. We absloutely had a fabolous stay and will use Candlewoods Suites again anytime.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight so that we could do a little casino play together. Everything here was great from location, check in to check out. The hotel is right off the I-20 exit, next door to walgreens, with a central location. Alex was very friendly at the desk and made me feel very welcomed! Our room was stocked with a full size refrigerator, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, and the necessities for cooking/ eating. Free popcorn in the microwave, complimentary free sodas. The mattress was a Sealy posturepedic- slept great! This hotel is new and everything is very clean. Pets are welcome, which was a must for us with our puppy! If we ever go to another location with a Candlewood suites-- that is where we will be staying!! :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I've stayed here in the past when it was brand new. I normally stay just one night while traveling from Texas to Florida. On the positive side... clean room, comfortable bed and staff was great... even the housekeeping staff. On the negative side.. only one phone out of the two worked. High speed Wi-Fi is a joke. Only got 1/2 of a bar and kept loosing internet access. Another biggie was that the door lever really needs to be checked into. I entered the room just fine but when I got ready to leave the door would not open. I had to call the front desk for help to get out! The dead bolt wasn't engaged so I had no idea why it wouldn't open. Found out, by myself, that the little knob that engages the dead bolt has to be perfectly vertical and it was kinda loose so you really had to play around with it. When I tried getting back into the room again I couldn't. Housekeeping was nearby and she had to help me and even then we both had a hard time getting the door to unlock & open. The light would flash 'green' but the lever to open the door would not work.
I had to report these issues when checking out so hope the next person that stays in this room doesn't have the same problems I had. If a fire broke out god help us.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank yankeetexan65
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We had a couple of days to stay in Vicksburg - we ended up at the Candlewood based on tripadvisor reviews. They were true - the hotel is faiirly new and provides you all you need - decent kitchen, good enough to cook y hot breakfast, good bedding, work table and a good bath room.
The provide washing machines and dryers free of charge, they have a gym and a snall shop in the hotel.
The only thing is - as most of US hotels - it is very loud while tranfering noise from the top or neighbour rooms. Also do not stay too close by the elevator - the sound signal is quite loud.

Biut as said in my top line - great value for money

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 12, 2011

When I first checked in, I thought ... this is nice. Until I got to my room, and observed the star stickers on the window, smidge markes, and hairs in my bed. You think thats bad, it got much worse. Then after verifying at check in that form of payment was all taken care of, found out that the next shift did not think the same. They refused to let me speak with the manager that I spoke with when I checked it. (My company paid for the trip since it was business, and everything was taken care of and confirmed multiple times before my arrival and at check-in) She then through my phone at me and refused to speak to the President of my Company or have him refax everything they already had recieved. Ok, so put it on a personal credit card. While all the time this is going on her friend is haning out at the frontdesk. And again when I went back down and went to the "Candlewood Cupboard" where all is on the hornor system...posted every where in the room, frontdesk, directory, and in the actual "Cupboard" room. You get the items you want, fill out the form, and put it in the slot. Did everything they asked, apparently the slot drops into the garbage, and I should have known this why? The frontdesk and her friend, that has now been envolved in every interaction over the last 5 hours, basically made me feel stupid. Sorry I followed every instruction you had listed in and on 6 places (yes I counted) to only find out, you f#!#ed up and all the pay slips fall into the garbage. Sorry that I incovenienced you with my stay. No worries, wont ever happen again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Chiwomn
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I am writing this review from my Candlewood Suites hotel room. I travel to Vicksburg often for work, so I've stayed here before and I've stayed in nearly every other of the "newer" hotels in Vicksburg.

I am glad I am checking out tomorrow morning! Prior to this visit, I wasn't too bothered. Let's face it, I work long hours and rarely spend time in my hotel room, besides sleeping. But this visit changed my mind about this hotel:

1) The bedding is dirty -- there are black pubic hairs in my sheets. The bedding also smells, so I can tell it was not changed before my stay.

2) I just spotted a German cockroach running towards my bed. The little guy was moving too fast so he got away before I could kill him.

So I get to fall asleep tonight with a dirty bed and thoughts of cockroaches. Ugh.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank anon2011
Reviewed May 12, 2010

First, the positives: Accommodating front desk, large room with full kitchen & comfortable bed, small exercise room & hot tub, location close to highway exit, free laundry facilities.

Not-so-pleasant surprises: Upon check-in, desk clerk unaware & unable to find our request for a "quiet room away from front desk, elevator & ice machine." We do a lot of traveling & have found all these things can negatively impact our rest. We were placed in a room right by the elevator which had a loud "ding dong" every time it opened. In addition, we were disappointed to hear the road noise once inside the room (motorcyles & pick ups roaring up & down the street.) Didn't bode well for the tired traveler, so I called the front desk to find out whether another (quieter location) room was available, which it was not. After unloading all our stuff, the clerk knocked on our door & offered another room on a lower floor. Looked at the room & since it was larger agreed to move. The clerk help us move our things which was really nice of her!

The 2nd room was right next to the exterior door & stairwell which was an issue a couple of times, but as I said the room was larger so it was worth it. We were still able to hear road noise & now had the addition of hearing people walking around over our heads & conversation & fan noise from next door as well. Found out there was no breakfast offered at this hotel which was ok since we brought things along w/us for this lengthy trip. But the ice machine in the room was very noisy & totally inadequate so we ended up freezing water in a plastic bowl to use in our cooler upon checking out.

Not huge issues overall, but after booking here based on only excellent reviews thought I should mention for future travelers. We probably would not stay here again, but certainly not the worst stay we've experienced and the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple