“Nice Hotel and Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Vicksburg
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Prattville, Alabama
“Nice Hotel and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least five times (four nights each stay). I have no complaints... nice rooms and friendly staff,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Arlington,TX
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed one night while heading East. Very clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Indoor/ outdoor pool was heated perfectly. The restaurant on site had a good crowd and the aroma of fajitas well make you hungry.They also do a great job on breakfast. Would highly recommend when staying in Vicksburg.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Antwerpen
Reviewed September 22, 2011

+ nice spacy rooms, friendly staff, clean and modern rooms
(-) airco in double queen room under window and too close to bed (very cold by that bed and hot on other side of the room. Overall a nice stay in a modernised hotel with nice rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast was not included. Our room was spacy, clean, with a nice bathroom.
Recommended.

- Vicksburg shopping center and Walmarkt are 10 mins away
- good, free breakfast
- good internet
- Casinos are 15 mins away
- only negative is the mattress are on the soft side

Room Tip: I like the first floor to be close to the breakfast area
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank agent86SanJose
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My name is Brenda Morgan. My daughter Caitlin Parks is Miss MS 2010 Sarah Beth James's princess. I wanted to tell you about my experience during the Miss MS Pageant 2011 at the Holiday Inn in Vicksburg, MS! I have had a horrible experience! :( I had received an email forwarded from the pageant office that listed hotels and different promo pageant rates they were giving out. This specific hotel had listed in the email that they were giving a $60 promo rate/night. It didn't specify if you had to check in at a certain time. We had originally booked our reservation with the Fairfield Inn which was a little more expensive, but then changed to the Holiday Inn after they had a agreed to give me the $60 promo pageant rate over the phone. I spoke to a lady name Randi and she even okayed it with her manager. I even double checked it when I checked in to make sure everything was still correct. Well then today after almost a week of staying there, they tell me it is going to be $30 more than the original rate!! I asked to speak to the manager numerous times and he has not called me back. I told the front desk to call the employee who I spoke with when I made the reservation she told them that she didn't give me that rate!! I am outraged! I remember clearly talking to her on the phone about this promo rate and her even okaying it with the manager! The lady who has been handling this issue said that it is the Pageant's fault for sending out incorrect information because she said that it should not have said $60 on the email, and instead should have read $89. I still have the email and can forward it to you if I like. She said the Pageant office should've sent a corrected email with the correct rate but I never received one. I just think it is ridiculous how they are trying to turn it around on the Pageant instead of themselves. I can't believe they would treat someone like that!! ALSO...as I was leaving one day to go run errands, I passed the front desk and told one of the attendants to please keep giving the manager my messages (since I hadn't heard from him about the issue). I also told her if I wasn't there, to tell him to call me on my cell phone. Little did I know, that there was a gentlemen standing up there next to her who was the manager!! While I was telling the woman this, she NEVER introduced me to him and he NEVER introduced himself to me either! I COULD not believe this! I found this out right before I checked out!

ALSO, there were some issues with the complimentary breakfast for Priority Club Members. I had been told before I checked in that as long as I was a Priority Club member I could get complimentary breakfast. Well they actually kept their word on that, however another mother who was staying at this hotel whose daughter is also a princess, told me she is also a Priority Club Member but that they did not let her get the complimentary breakfast! When she asked about it they told her they changed their policy so that anyone who checked in after Sunday could NOT receive the breakfast. She checked in at the same time I did! Can you believe that? So just please spread the word about this! I just felt we were treated unfairly and do not think that the Pageant should recommend this hotel in future years.

AND...STILL TO THIS DAY THE MANAGER HAS YET TO CALL ME!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank brendang20
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Clean, recently updated hotel, knowledgeable and helpful staff at both this location and the Express location. Was very happy overall and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank dugbrown
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Clean hotel, nice staff, comfy rooms, no complaints. Really nice

• Stayed July 2011