“My favorite hotel on our trip!”

Courtyard Vicksburg
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott in Vicksburg, MS, on our recent trip to visit the Civil War battlefield. On the trip we stayed in three different hotels - one on the way, one in Vicksburg, and another on our way home - and I have to say that the Marriott in Vicksburg was my favorite of the three. The staff was absolutely exceptional. I called down two days before our stay to check on the room and make sure we would be able to get a couple of special requests that we needed. I was greeted with traditional southern hospitality and was assured that they were very happy to meet any request we could make. When we arrived, we were hot and sweaty after visiting the battlefield for the first day, and our check-in was very quick and easy. We got up to our rooms and were overwhelmed by how lovely and spacious they were. The rooms themselves were very tastefully decorated, without seeming too stuffy for small children to feel comfortable. Wonderful amenities. The only drawback with our family was that the pool and spa area were a bit smaller than we had expected, but they were still just fine. The grounds around the hotel were lovely - like a well-tended garden. Our check-out was just as easy and quick as our check-in. It was a wonderful experience, and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
CourtyardMarriott09, Manager at Courtyard Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful comments, and for choosing to stay with us! We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and facilitate a relaxing stay for you and your family. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I have to say that we just wanted to get away for the 4th of July weekend. This is the cleanest and friendliest hotel I've stayed in for a while now. We have access to 3 computers, great lounge area and a very nice outside area. The food is not very good but with all the restaurants around it's ok. Very close to the downtown area and across the street from the battlefield. We are having such a good time that we elected to stay an additional night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott in Vicksburg. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here. We work hard to provide each of our unique guests with the amenities they want and need during their stay. Next time you are in the area, please visit us again!

Reviewed June 6, 2010

I spent 3 weeks here for business over the course of a few months and was pleasantly surpised to find a hotel this nice in Vicksburg. The hotel is just over a year old and is very clean. The lobby and dining area are nice and were usually bustling with activity. The rooms were large and clean and had a nice mini-fridge to store some things for breakfast. The best part about this hotel was the staff. I have never stayed anywhere before where the entire front desk remembered my name and were always asking if I needed anything.

This hotel is really one of the nicest Marriott's where I have stayed and if I ever have to business here I will be sure to stay here again. It's not a true 5 rating like a hotel in a major area, but for here it truly was an excellent experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Vicksburg. We truly appreciate your kind comments, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works hard to be courteous and attentive to all of our guests. Please visit us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed April 20, 2010

The staff at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. When we went to our room, it was very modern, clean and well organized. The amenities were top notch with a 24 hr. Starbucks Coffee station, computer business center, fitness room, bar/bistro, courtyard, etc. The staff was very helpful and friendly, this was a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Courtyard Marriott of Vicksburg. We are thrilled that you were so impressed with our amenities and service. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope it will not be the last!

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I agree that it is a Marriott in many ways. The hotel was nice, clean, new interiors. I thought the room design was well above average. I enjoyed the mini-fridge in the room but disliked the foam mattress. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. While we are proud to be a Marriott property, our staff really works hard to go the extra mile and set us apart from the rest. I'm sorry that the mattress was not up to your standard. However, I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us, anyway. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

This is a fairly standard Marriott. Clean, comfortable and standard business type hotel. Probably the best in Vicksburg and good value for money.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2010

My husband and I have been touring the civil war battle sights throughout the east and now we are working our way south. Finding a great place to stay at a decent price near these has been another part of our adventure. This place is brand new, with an interesting furniture placement and great service at a reasonable price. Besides that, the breakfast they serve you which comes with the room is outstanding......!
Moreover, the service, especially Ms. Clay, the assistant manager, couldn't be more helpful. She actually booked our next night's hotel in the Marriot in Little Rock for us herself,
If you are looking for a great place to stay........try this one!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott of Vicksburg. We truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We are delighted that we could be a part of your historic journey! Please visit the Courtyard again when you return to the area.