“clean and well-appointed”

Courtyard Vicksburg
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I stayed at this Courtyard for one night in December 2009 while in the area on business.

This hotel is new, stylish, and well appointed. The rooms are decorated nice, far better than most cheap hotels. Free internet and parking, and located right off the freeway and near the battlefield. I didn't get a chance to check out the fitness room.

I arrived late, but I was pleasantly surprised to see a bar and upscale-grill-restaurant in the lobby, and it was still open. I've never seen this before, but it was nice, and since I had been traveling all afternoon, I was able to get a light, but nice hot meal.

A few minor issues: one of the trashcans in my room had not been emptied, and they forgot to stock the towels in the bathroom. No big deal.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 7, 2009

I recently stayed overnight at the Courtyard Marriott while visiting Vicksburg National Military Park. The hotel is located right down the road from the park in a cluster of similar "no frills" hotels outside the town of Vicksburg. I have to say I was really impressed with the Courtyard across the board. Recent renovations had been done which created a clean, modern and stylish feel. The room was spacious and well decorated and the free Wi-Fi was refreshing.
The Bistro in the main lobby was a great addition, especially since there were not too many appealing dining options immediately nearby. The restaurant was open late and had an excellent selection of menu items. I was able to order and take my dinner "to go" up to my room. I also found the food to be delicious and the staff very friendly.
I wasn't looking for much except a clean quiet room for the night, so I was very impressed with the hotel. Based on the location and the attention to detail they obviously put into the Courtyard Marriott Vicksburg, I would rate it 5-stars compared to similar properties in the area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2009

One of the nicest Courtyards we have stayed at. Good location to most Vicksburg historical sites. Rooms are nicely furnished, new & clean. A small granite counter sits atop the enclosed mini fridge that's a handy area to prep cold sandwiches and snacks. Enclosed pool & hot tub. Top of the line treadmills in a nice exercise room with a view of manicured grounds. Walking distance to factory outlets shopping. Nice common areas in lobby. While we did not eat in food service facility, another guest was raving about her cheeseburger. We came from Houston for Thanksgiving with relatives and wound up extending our stay by a day because we enjoyed the accomadations so much.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I stayed one night here with my four kids (5-15). The room was very modern, spacious, and clean. We enjoyed the courtyard and how it looked over trees. The dining area is amazing with booths with private t.v.'s in them. We'd never seen that before. The location overall isn't very exciting but is only a short drive to the Vicksburg Civil War Memorial Park and to downtown. The value was excellent and we'll definitely stay here again when passing through the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Stayed 3 nights while exploring area. The hotel is fairly new, very modern and really clean and nicely appointed. Really suited more for the business traveller though. Large beds, work desk, wi-fi, coffee, fridge, big bathroom, all very modern and well appointed. Microwave would have been a nice addition. Business area and small limited bar/ food service/ abbreviated Starbucks downstairs. Small indoor pool and whirlpool. Not much else in immediate vicinity except more motels, gas stations, couple of restaurants and a small outlet mall, so you'll have to drive to Vicksburg to find something to do. Would easily recommend for a business person or base of operations for touring Vicksburg and surrounds, but its not a place to hang out in and of itself.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoeGa
CourtyardMarriott09, Manager at Courtyard Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott of Vicksburg, and for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments. It has been awhile since your stay with us, and you would be glad to know that all of our rooms now feature a microwave as well as the mini-fridge. Please come visit us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 7, 2009

The courtyard is a new hotel and is maintained very well. The hotel was clean and had a wonderful set up in the lobby for guests. There was an all day coffee bar and three newspapers available for everyone each day (e.g. the Wall Street Journal, the Vicksburg paper, and USA Today). The lobby had an open eating set up with was hopping in the morning's as people enjoyed everything from a cup of Starbuck's (not free) to cereal to hot foods. The outdoor seating area had a large fire pit and was a nice open, but cozy atmosphere. Though we didn't go to the pool/spa the looked small, but were enough for a small group of people to enjoy. Our bed was a tempurpedic type bed and was extremely comfortable. Our room also had a couch, flat screen tv, refrigerator, and free internet. The bathroom was spacious and clean as you'd expect a new bathroom to be. Overall the hotel was very nice. The only thing that could have been improved was if the housekeepers hadn't knocked on our door each morning asking if we wanted service, even when we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign out.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brs0173
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Nice new facility. We had a king room that was basicaly filled up by the bed. Strange layout of the room made the walkway between the bed and the closet a tight squeeze.
But all in all an nice new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple