“Just wonderful!”

Courtyard Vicksburg
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I loved my stay here. The check in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. Our rooms were super clean and would love to stay here again. We had a funeral to go too and our stay in the rooms couldn't have been any better. We loved this place!

Room Tip: This is worth it just book your stay!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Franchesca B
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Vicksburg

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have stayed at > a dozen hotels in Vicksburg. But now I only stay here. It is new, clean, the staff is attentive, it is just down the road from the Battlefield Park (where I run most evenings) and like most Courtyards, the Bistro isn't a bad food option if work wraps up late.

Only complaint, it is the only 'Starbucks' in town, and I have never had a moca there that resembled the drink anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank stanfordgibson
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We liked our stay. The lobby, hallways, room and bathroom were very clean and the king bed comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, but found a drain cover missing and jets not working in the hot tub--we reported this the next morning and it was fixed immediately. As stated in another review, TV reception could be improved. Not real bad and we were able to watch the Seahawks beat the 49ers, most likely they are still using anolog cable on an HD set. The staff was friendly and made our one night stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank muskrat2
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Poor customer service. We were traveling and I called other area hotels to see who had what type of room, for what rate. We booked a room at the Marriott because they told us that we would have a twenty dollar breakfast voucher that we could use in their bistro for breakfast in the morning. In the morning we found out that because we got a AAA rate, we could not have the twenty door voucher for breakfast. The manager and staff were extemely rude and refuse to work with us even when I told them what happened. The manager atated that it was "not their job to tell us" that if we got a discount, that we didn't get breakfast. No one was staying at the hotel, and now I know why! I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Other area hotels include better ammenities. Also was told that Corporate "took away" The free coffee in the bistro! Extremely dissappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jane G
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Typical Marriott Courtyard. Nicely appointed rooms with all the amenities (fridge and micro-oven) appeared to be very clean and stylish with pleasant staff. Can't understand that hotels have these nice flat screen TV's and I assume are HD and they only have snowy analog service This hotel had none of the hidden upper HD channels you accidentally could find,disappointing at night since mostly every where closes up early. Thinking that we will be staying at other Marriott properties since they at least do offer some type of breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vacalot
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late and close to 10:00, dining choices in Vicksburg (on a Saturday!) looked grim. I was hoping that choosing a Courtyard Marriot over other lesser priced motels, would make it possible to get food and drink there. Unfortunately, they close down all food and drink at 10:00. It seems to me that Courtyards should serve food later to accommodate those many travelers who have been on the road all day. That being said, I can't really understand why someone would choose to eat there if other local restaurants are open nearby. The menu is very limited and the atmosphere of the hotel lobby and eating area, while stylish,is overly bright and not welcoming.

In the morning, there is no free breakfast or even free coffee downstairs. In-room coffee tasted watery and not good. I feel like the Courtyard Marriot concept of being more like a hotel, but without the higher price and extra charges like parking is not really working that well, because the common areas and food available for purchase are just not that appealing.

I will say that the hallways, bathroom, and room are very attractive and roomy. The bed was a little firm, but my husband felt that it was comfortable. The room was quiet, until the next morning when the neighbor turned on the water and it woke up my son.

The room was also nice and dark, and had very good air conditioning. Overall, a comfortable place to stay, just not sure this motel/hotel concept is working so great.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank grelli2
Reviewed September 25, 2013

On our way from central Florida to Oklahoma City we stopped in Vicksburg for the night. We first went to one of the neighboring competitors. I didn't like the registration clerk's attitude and decided to move on. The registration staff here was very pleasant and helpful as we usually find at Marriott properties. The room was clean and very comfortable. Coffee was ready at 4:30 am the next morning when we left. Will stay here on our next trip to OKC.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple