“Nothing special”

Courtyard Vicksburg
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was night 16 of a 20 day road trip. We had made reservations 30 days in advance, by phone, directly with the motel, asking for a first floor room. On arrival we were assigned room 402 (fourth floor). The room was clean and the building okay. Water pressure was very low and the lights in the bathroom were so dim I could not see to shave. That was a first time experience. Marriott does NOT have a complimentary breakfast. They have an expensive one from a kitchen nook at the back of the lobby. There are no reasons to stay here or at any other Marriotts.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLTrav2

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My 9 year old grandson and I stopped here after a day at the battlefield..... First impression was this hotel is very nice and updated and what I would expect from a Courtyard Marriott......We checked out the pool and it was extremely small so we did not bother going for a swim. Our room was nice however, It had one of those very dated cheap air units that was loud and comes on and off all night. Our room was on the first floor close to the lobby and next to an "employee only" room. At 5 AM there were employees talking outside our room. We were told when we checked in that Breakfast was served right across the lobby. Bad assumption on my part was that it was included in our rate...... I asked the front desk the next morning about Breakfast and I was informed that my rate of $119 did not include breakfast
No none ever offered us the Breakfast rate which was only $10 more...... When I asked the front desk the woman just very sternly said that breakfast was not included in my rate....... The Breakfast rate was $129. I decided at that point we would have a nice Breakfast else where. Oh and did I mention I was unable to sleep past 7am due to all the Breakfast noise in the lobby...... I think we will try Hampton Inn when we pass through next time or better yet a nice B&B that includes a full homemade Breakfast in their rate.

Room Tip: Be sure and stay on something other than the first floor for a quiet room
4  Thank Arbonnelady
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On July 7, 2013, stopped in Vicksburg to get a room at the Courtyard Marriott, I requested
a AARP discount, none available, AAA none available, Govt. Employee none available,
MC none available, American Express, none available. I asked if they even had discounted
rooms for organizations. Yes, but limited. Desk clerk, name starts with the initial R., very
difficult to understand and very rude, has been employed for five years but didn't have
any answers for questions, and if I didn't like it, I could go elsewhere. Exactly where I went,
also a well-known hotel/motel by the name of HI which sits just in front of this establishment,
very courteous, AARP discount was honored with no gouging, and I might say their
breakfasts are included in the room rate and very excellent.

Room Tip: Choose Holiday Inn over a Courtyard Marriott any day.
4  Thank Lynn D
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were just passing through on our way to Texas. They had some very heavy winds early that morning and it knocked out all the televisions in town. They apologized for the inconvenience and gave us a coupon for $20.00 for breakfast. Room was clean and a very nice size. My granddaughter liked the pool and hot tub, but being an inside pool the room was very humid.
Can't say much for Vicksburg the downtown area was very run down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect. The room was clean and the staff exhibited true southern hospitality. From our check in on July fourth Janice welcomed us at the front treks and explained everything about Vicksburgh. The morning breakfast was a great value. Eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast out the door for $12.00. Dawn was extremely friendly and gave us background on the incredible city. Make sure to take in the old Court house as well as the national military park. Dinner or relaunch at Rusty's is a must. The hotel like the city are extremely friendly.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were spacious with a mini fridge and large bathroom. Enjoyed a beer, some wine and snacks the manager's reception which was a pleasant surprise. Went down to the indoor pool...it was clean but very humid and out of towels so had to go retrieve some from the front desk. The breakfast was wonderful! Great selections and very reasonably priced. Be careful however about the bathtubs...very slick and our elderly aunt slipped and fell in the tub in her room. We also noticed that the tubs were slick in our room...so we let the front desk know...she immediately told the housekeeping staff and the GM.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mother got us this room with her points. What a great place to stay. The indoor pool and hot tub were a huge hit with the kids after 7 hours in the car and we were in there swimming until 8pm. The room had all the nice, fancy touches in the bathroom. And it was very clean, and smelled nice, no musty, no Febreze cover-up, and not a speck of mildew in the shower (and I would notice!) No room for my little one's blowup bed, so we put it in the hall in front of the door and blocked the room with a sheet taped to the wall- improvised and he had his own little "room" and slept very well. The bed and sofa pullout were comfortable and there was a nice desk and coffee table. Lots of touches around the room, and plenty of towels at the clean pool area. Only thing missing?- breakfast like the Hampton Inns do. We love that :)

Room Tip: I would imagine any room is a good room. We had no issues. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family