“Do not disturb!”

Courtyard Vicksburg
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
“Do not disturb!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, good location. Stayed on the third floor and it took a really long time for the hot water to reach our room. The do not disturb sign was on the door and the maid came in the room whiled wife was dressing. When towels were requestedvitctook two requests and over an hour to get them. The manager said the maid was new and discounted the room $20 for the night.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Carguygto
Theresa C, Manager at Courtyard Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I'm certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. The interaction with our staff member in regards to your comment about your do not disturb sign and receiving towels is not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as training exercise, since you did enjoy other aspects of our hotel. I encourage to join us for our Managers reception Tuesday through Thursday with beer, wine and light snacks if you are every in the area again. Once again please accept my apologies; we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I took a little trip to getaway and landed at this hotel. We walked 7 miles at the national military park then found this hotel nearby. We had a room with a king size bed. I've never seen a room set up in this manner but absolutely loved it. This set up makes maximum use of the available space so room seems much larger. Room and bathroom as well as the refrigerator were all very clean. My husband walked down to the Bistro and brought me breakfast in bed. The french toast was soooooo good! I didn't want to leave. The young man working the front desk was very attentive and helpful. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed everything about our hotel, including those great French toast you had for breakfast. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to your return. Remember Vicksburg is full of a lot of history. If you are interested when you are back in the area we have several museums located close to the hotel. Any associate will be glad to help you with suggestions and details during your stay.
Alabama
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This has been reviewed very well in the past. Stopped here on quick trip West simply to spend the night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Beds are so good I almost refused to get up in the morning and leave!!! Loved the cooked-to-order big breakfast, which was a reasonable price. Bathrooms are big and roomy, too. Staff was extremely helpful and very friendly; went the extra mile with me to help me get on the internet (I think they could make that easier.....). True southern hospitality! I love all the Marriott properties; very comfortable and homelike and extremely user-friendly. Other chains could take a lesson or two.

For dinner, head up the road a block or two to the old Beechwood, a fine old Vicksburg tradition, reasonable prices and very good food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Welcome to the South. Thank you for providing your feed back about our property. Our staff works very hard to provide the best possible service to our guest. We are so happy that we could exceed your expectations. I'm glad you enjoyed your cook to order breakfast. If you are every in the area again please join us for our Managers reception from 5pm -7pm Tuesday through Thursday with beer wine and light snacks. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel seems new. Everything was clean and orderly. Basic service and amenities that I expect from a Courtyard Marriott. In a good location in Vicksburg. Close to the Cracker Barrel which is always a safe easy food choice for our family. Close to the Military park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LaceyCWT
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel each time we pass thru Vicksburg. The employees are great, but most impressive is how clean the rooms and bathrooms are. The rooms are updated, bright with comfy beds and nice linens.
Breakfast is good with some healthy options. Good lobby with complimentary beer and wine Tuesday thru Thursday 5:30-7.
The only place we will stay in Vicksburg.

• Stayed March 2013
tallahassee
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel. Rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly. the only negative would be the bar; happy hour is not really all that great as selections are limited and they did not have all the drinks on the menu.

• Stayed February 2013
Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed for one night passing through Vicksburg. The location -- hidden behind the small outlet mall, among a group of hotels -- is fine although not particularly convenient to area restaurants. We did not have a reservation but check in nevertheless was quick and friendly. Our room -- a king bed room -- was near the end of the hall and was nicely furnished. The furnishings were in good condition, and I particularly appreciated that there were a variety of pillows from which to choose. I also like having a small refrigerator. Wireless internet worked great. The price for an ordinary domestic beer at the bistro dissuaded me from having a drink or buying breakfast there, but the coffee and tea are still free. The room, including the bathroom, was clean, no worries on that score. There TV oddly did not get some channels I expect to find, like the Weather Channel (I was missing the same channels at another Courtyard property the following night, so it must be some sort of corporate decision). We had ba weather during my stay, so I really missed having a weather channel. I would stay here again for a night or two.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple