“Accomodating Bed and Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Corners Mansion

The Corners Mansion
Ranked #4 of 11 Vicksburg B&B and Inns
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Accomodating Bed and Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

This bed and breakfast provided a wonderful stay for me and my female companion. The owners provided us with a key, a tour, and homemade breakfast. There were short a bar, but pointed my companion and I in a direction where we could find some booze. The bed was cozy and bathroom was spacious. I would have liked the front porch had a view of the river instead of a row of houses, but it was not in the cards for me or my companion. Overall, nice stay with great hosts.

Room Tip: Most rooms look the same. No restaurant or bar here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

The Corners was my ideal B&B experience. Macy was so hospitable and enthusiastic about the history of the mansion. Joe created a beautiful and absolutely delicious feast for breakfast that my whole family enjoyed. Our family of 5 stayed in 2 adjoining rooms which worked out well as one of the rooms had 2 beds to accommodate our three children. The rooms were cozy and well decorated. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

After driving from Atlanta to Vicksburg, my wife and I arrived late Saturday night to find Joe waiting up for us. With only two other guests occupying the house, we felt like we had the house all to ourselves. After checking in, Joe showed us to the library room, which was just off the side door from the check in area. Usually, a location like this would scare me because of noise and foot traffic, but under the circumstances, it was fine. My wife and I enjoyed the room, but the bathroom (shower) needed to be fixed (one could not shut the water off completely). After a very restful night, we woke up to a partake in a wonderful breakfast hosted by Macy in the breakfast area. After dining and the sharing of stories, Macy gave us an historical overview of the family who built the house in the 1870's as well as the history of Vicksburg, MS. and the Civil War. She even sports a neat collection of 19th/20th century bottles. Macy is very excited to share the history of the Corners Mansion, which is awesome. Try not to be in such a rush to leave. After all, the pace of life is just a tad slower in Vicksburg:) After a tour of the Mansion and more interesting historical tidbits, it was time to head over to the battleground. Macy and Joe admit that there are things that need repair around the house (cement stairs outside, for example), but what does one expect from a 125 year old home. It is not a five star hotel, but for what you pay, it is appropriately priced. Any defects in the house are more than made up by Macy's charm. Please plan to stay at the Corner's Mansion the next time you are in Vicksburg. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The room on the outside underneath the first floor would be my choice next time as it is very privat...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our 2 nights her while on a bike trip. Macy was helpful and friendly. Comfortable bed, but "quaint" closet and shower.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed here with a couple of friends - we were just passing through. Somehow we found this place in the rain. I must say we were enchanted; it is like staying in a period film set. Now I must say I drew the ace, because there were three of us, and I got the four poster bed all to myself while they had singles in the children's room; we had been travelling a long time that day, after a very heavy night in New Orleans, and we welcomed the luxury and comfort. There is something about the quality of the light in these places - heavy - that makes you sleep well and deeply. There was a wonderful view of he Mississippi too. I hear that there has been flooding here recently, and I hope that the Corners has not been affected by it.

The tour was nice, hospitality good, and the breakfast was enough to see us up to Clarksdale. Just be careful on the front steps when it is raining!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this historical B and B. Our favorite part was the tour Macy gave us after breakfast and watching the sun set over the Mississippi. Should our travels bring us back to Vicksburg, we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

A friend and I stayed at The Corners Mansion for several days and, for us, it was unforgettable. We were there to get some footage for a documentary, with very little idea where to start, and from the get-go Macy was amazing. Actually within minutes she was on the phone making arrangements for us. The following day we were fully embraced by the Vicksburg community as if we had lived there our entire lives. It was a stunning journey where we were fortunate to have local doors opened to us, and we got a true taste of Southern hospitality. But back to the Mansion - I mean it was just gorgeous being able to step back in time to hear the stories of Macy's family and their history. Which is why we all visit Vicksburg right? It is to immerse yourself in the history of the place. But our vantage point looking over the Mississippi brings that history to life - it is not a stretch to imagine yourself there in the town's heyday. From the evening when - if you are lucky - you can join Macy for a wine on the terrace, or the following morning when all guests join Macy for breakfast - it is utterly delightful to be served the food of the south while being regaled by the adventures and plans of other guests, or Macy - a great storyteller. I am now back in Australia - and it is a long way from The Corners Mansion - but I tell you, a year on, that place still is as strong in my heart as it was the day we wistfully left. You can stay at an Inn and experience Vicksburg - but how many hotels can you say a year on that evokes the memory of a place. Immerse yourself.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business