“Great owners, service-loved our vacation!”

Annabelle Bed and Breakfast
Annabelle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 11 Vicksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2007

My husband and I had a fabulous time in Vicksburg! We loved staying at Annabelles- the beds were nice and fluffy- and we were impressed by the quality of antiques and furnishings- our bed was ohmy incredible- I felt like "Scarlet" in gone with the wind...if you love historical areas- you will love this place. Carolyn, the owner took special care to introduce me to the local a local auction where I found the best silver to bring back home...I am still smiling about the pieces that I found- I had a great time shopping and finally relaxing and reading in the beautiful front room of the house. We really appreciated her and Pauls attention to detail- they even had a bottle of champagne in the room (it was my husbands birthday)- I wish I could have that yummy breakfast on the BEAUTIFUL dining table every day and could have someone serve it! What a TREAT!!! My husband is a history buff so this area was right up his alley. We toured the local museums that was arranged by Annabelles- we were both happy to stay in such a relaxing and beautiful place with such a personal touch. Thank you Paul and Carolyn- we will be back next year for a wedding close by.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank silverqueen1

Reviewed November 16, 2007

We loved to stay at Annabelle`s again.
It`s a nice place to experience the southern hospitality.
The trains are not their fault ;-)
It was a perfect visit to end a trip through the deep south once more.
Hope this neat B&B will be there for a long time, we`ll gladly return.
Thank you Carolyn and Paul for beeing so friendly
Petra & Jürgen from Germany

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank ElvisKerken_Germany
Reviewed November 15, 2007

We spent three nights in this wonderful B & B in the heart of Dixie - Vicksburg Mississippi. Being from Minnesota and transplanted to Georgia we hoped for a certain ambiance which came through 100%; cozy, Southern and with elegance. The hosts Tom and Carolyn were most hospitable and having been in the B & B business for many years they knew needs and wants of their guests. Every morning Tom served us a bountiful Southern breakfast and Carolyn was most helpful with her native Memphis charm. We are planning to return for Civil War re-enactments with our friends and are looking forward to another stay at Annabelle.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank DrFeinstein
Reviewed November 3, 2007

My Wife and I were on a tour of the Southern States and decided that we would be pampered for a couple of nights using an all inclusive package.
I was a little disappointed when on arrival I left my Wife in the car and introduced myself to the owner and even thogh I explained that we had had a long journey and my Wife was in the car he insisted taking just me into the house and sorting out the payment and all the details etc instead of welcoming us both into his house.
After completing those details he showed us to our room (which was not even in the building, but in an outside block, which although it was decorated nicely did not make us feel like we were staying in a real B&B (perhaps I'm used to English B&B's?))
The nights were spoilt by the overpowering noise of the trains that sounded their horns everytime (there is no mention of this in any guide to the B&B) earplugs were supplied, but notification when booking would have been better! and did not help to make this a relaxing break.
The following morning, however we were invited into the main house for breakfast and ate the food with the owners and other guests.
The food was good southern breakfast, but the surrounding involving silver service and chandaliers and a very cluttered dining area and lounge felt very pretentious like they were trying to hard to be stately
The other guests (from the USA) found it all to be charming though.
All in all, we enjoyed Vicksburg, but thought we would have enjoyed this B&B more than we did.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LesPne
gengi, Manager at Annabelle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2007

Annabelle has been opening her doors to guest from all over the world for 15 years. The majority enjoy their stay and return. We regret that this guest did not enjoy his stay with us. We make every effort to provide guest a memorable pleasant experience. It is unfortunate that this guest did not understand our check in process or bring to our attention any dis-satisfaction on his part. Guest choose their room. We have 3 rooms in the main 1868 house and 3 rooms + a suite in the 1880s house. Rooms vary in price. It is certainly not an out building but a home that was built in the 1880s. Guest do hear train noise which is why we provide ear plugs for a restful nights sleep for light sleepers. The City of Vicksburg is presently closing the train crossings which will silence the trains as train noise can be heard all over the city.

Reviewed June 5, 2007

We used several reviews to pick this B&B. And never did they tell us or did anyone else mention the fact that they are situated very near to train tracks. When we checked in they indicate that there are ear plugs in each bedroom that helps. The train passes by several times during the night blowing the horn several times and sounds as if it is in your bedroom and these are long freight trains. Other than that there was way too much "stuff" so you had no where to put anything. Very cluttered. A real collector of Knick Knacks.
When I spoke to the owner about it and indicated that we could not stay another night without sleep, they said sorry and would not even consider a portion of credit.
For Train buffs this is a great place, but I did not grow up with this kind of noise and did not appreciate it- They should really let people know about this before they take a booking.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank K_English
Reviewed August 1, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Annabelle Bed and Breakfast in a beautifully decorated Victorian room. The owners were very nice and hospitable. We picked fresh figs from the trees in the garden.
We also met the owners of the house next door who gave us a tour of their historic home. Overall we had a great experience and are planning to go back again.

-Sasson

Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank Sassons
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed December 30, 2003

We had an outstanding stay at Annabelle and particularly enjoyed their all inclusive package. Not only did we get all they promised but they far exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend this B & B.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member