“Beautiful home and property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vicksburg
Anchuca Historic Mansion & Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Vicksburg B&B and Inns
Kenmore, Washington
“Beautiful home and property”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The grounds are beautiful with lovely gardens, tables beneath shade trees near a fountain and swimming pool. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well-appointed with fridge, coffee maker and TV. Breakfast is amazing -- fresh, local cuisine and in lovely peaceful dining room. The management could not be more friendly and helpful. The Anchuca is a lovely antebellum home that is open to the public for viewing. It was a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The Coach House has less expensive, but very nice rooms. If you want to sleep in an historic settin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a quick getaway to historic Vicksburg and beautiful Anchuca in celebration of our wedding anniversary. Over the years, we have stayed at many bed and breakfast inns and I must say that Anchuca tops them all! It is such a charming and relaxing place and the entire staff makes you feel welcome. We had the pleasure of staying in one of the main house rooms upstairs and the room was both luxurious and clean. Being a big history buff, I especially loved the idea of knowing Jefferson Davis himself walked the same halls and spoke from the front balcony that was just outside our room. The breakfast is served in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere and the food itself is delicious! Also I will add that before leaving the city we had lunch at their restaurant which my wife and I agreed was one of the best meals we have had anywhere! My personal favorite was the cheesecake which I tried based on other reviews I had read and they were right...amazing!!! Throughout the entire property it is evident the home is loved and well taken care of. That is probably one of the things that I loved most about Anchuca - the wonderful state of preservation it is in. I think these historic treasures need to be saved for our future generations and sadly so many have been lost or let fall into terrible disrepair. Kudos to Tom and Chris, the owners, for letting Anchuca be a shining example of historic preservation at its finest. Tom, by the way, is very kind and I enjoyed talking with him about some of the historic sites in the area. We will definitely return for another stay based on our excellent experience and have already recommended the inn to our friends! Vicksburg is full of Civil War history and very fascinating but no trip could be complete without a stay or even just a tour of beautiful Anchuca!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This wonderfully furnished & decorated ante bellum home in the historic district was a pleasure to experience. Staff friendly & helpful. There is a fine restaurant on premises with a modest wine list. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed May 13, 2012

What as beautifully restored home with a lookup breakfast. The staff was helpful and friendly with great info on how to get the most out of a dayin Vicksburg.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at Anchuca March 5 and 6. What a wonderful place! The owners and staff went out of their way to make us feel conmfortable and welcome! This B&B is lovely and very well appointed. Our suite ( I believe it was the Davis suite) was beautiful and comfortable.

We were disappointed that we were there on nights that they don't serve dinner, but judging from the very good breakfast I would bet the dinners would be great!

I highly recommend this B&b if you are in the Vicksburg area.

Room Tip: The Davis suite had a front view and pool view. I loved the half canopy bed!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SadieUpNorth
Guntersville, Alabama
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great rooms and wonderful breakfast! We think it is the "only" place to stay in Vicksburg!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Dianna-Michael
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I'll keep it short.

Service: very very friendly. In addition to being service-minded, the inn-keepers were very welcoming and just went the extra mile to make us feel at home.

Room and building in general: spacious and very nicely decorated. Tastefully over-done with antiques, and very cosy.

Breakfast: perfectly fine. Ok, I wasn't blown away but it was perfectly fine nonetheless.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in Vicksburg.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple