Tripadvisor
Honolulu
Post
Inbox
Search

“Strong and yummy drinks!”
Review of Mai Tai Bar

Mai Tai Bar
Ranked #70 of 2,766 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My mom and I had a great time here sippin' MaiTais and listening to live music. We went at night and had 3 MaiTais each. Enough to get us on a pretty strong buzz. A pretty large drink and food menu. I can't speak for the food but our drinks were good. Nice atmosphere, sitting next to the beach. The bathrooms are kinda far... not a fun time when you are drinking lol. Will check this place out again with my husband next time.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (249)

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic food and drink menu by the sea. The wait staff (Chelsea, Dana and others) here make all the difference - friendly, conscientious and engaging and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
In the evening there is live entertainment.

Can vouch for the tasty chicken wings, pork burger, delicious fresh fish and chips,and a variety of Mai Tai.

Only annoyance are the (pigeons) birds as it is an open air restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019

Great bar right by the beach with great views. We went at sunset one night & it was beautiful. Friendly & attentive staff, great cocktail list & nice food

Reviewed November 27, 2019

Stop in and get one of the best MaiTais on the beach. The bartenders will tell you the selection so you can pick the right drink for your tastes. Watch them core some pineapples. Don't forget to ask for a taste of the fresh pineapple?

Reviewed November 25, 2019 via mobile

Great beach front location. Good selection of drinks. I chose royal mai tai and it was a great option. I wouldn’t count on the appetizers... I would mostly recommend this place for a drink, have a good talk and enjoy the beach side. The service is good but since the bar was crowded it took a long time to get our order.

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to Mai Tai Bar? Share your experiences!