“Poor Value for money”

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Poor Value for money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were taken out on this trip to snorkel with beginner scuba divers and it was a complete waste of time and money. We spent about 3 hours of the trip sitting around watching scuba divers receive instruction and in the time spent snorkelling we saw nothing due to murky conditions and the depth of the water which was suitable for advanced snorkellers and scuba divers only not for a family group with young children.
We booked that morning and the boat had already been out so would have been well aware of murky conditions and poor visibility prior to taking our money.
The cost was nearly $300 dollars for 4 people compared to $70 we paid for a much better snorkelling experience at Hanaumu Bay.
Add to this; unroadworthy shuttle vehicle and complete lack of response to two emails I sent trying to resolve this issue and you would be better off looking elsewhere,

Visited November 2013
6 Thank gregg6471

Washington, D.C.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“NOT Recommended”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Would not dive wth this shop again. Took out uncertified divers after short (about 45 minute) "course" taught to a group that included about 8 students who appeared to speak little or no English. Also reported that many of the students didn't know how to swim. Some members of crew yelled at students who took too long to get into water or off line, some of whom appeared scared/not to understand. Divemasters/instructors did not have students do recommended safety stops -- I was told not necessary as only shallow dives (40 ft). Crew did, however, go to great lengths to make sure everyone understood purpose of the "tip" jar.

Visited November 2013
6 Thank Travelin_9
Big Bay, Michigan
“Looking forward to our next dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

In December I will be returning to Hawaii and am excited about the fact that once again I will be able to go diving with the people from Waikiki Diving. I have been using their service for several winters now and have never been disappointed. I have watched them with beginning divers and am always impressed at the quality of instruction given to them. They take care that intermediate divers are directed to dives that will suit their ability so that they can have the most fun from their dive and yet not hold experienced divers back from more challenging dive sites. Experienced divers will enjoy some of the deeper dives and wrecks that can be explored with the assistance of the dive masters from Waikiki Diving Center.

Visited April 2013
Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun and Safe Dive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I completed two dives with Waikiki Diving Center one year ago and contacted one of their divemasters as soon as I purchased my airfare to Oahu. They have moderate sized dive boats that are in very good condition. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating to their dive guests. Mike and Vera were the divemasters on our dives and were very adept at finding interesting marine life during the dives. Mike found an octopus on each dive, as well as a small white tipped reef shark and a frog fish, which is very rare and difficult to find on a reef. They provide plenty of water on the boat and help divers with removing fins before you climb up the ladder to get back on the boat. Waikiki Diving Center provides a diver with a very fun and safe experience. I will be certain to contact them again when I return to the island.

Visited October 2013
White Rock, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“No Water?????”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been sitting on this one for a couple of weeks as I have mixed emotions. On one hand, they are super nice people and generally do a ok job. On every dive boat I have been on, there is ALWAYS copious quantities of water on hand, as well as snacks to eat between the two dives. Bear in mind that dehydration is a key risk factor for getting DCS - aka the bends. Dive boats get you drinking water well before the first dive, and importantly, between the two dives. On our first day of diving in the first week of Aug there was NO WATER on board - not one drop, A Cardinal sin on a dive boat. Somebody left the water behind. We were dying of thirst and I felt quite dehydrated. I could tell the boat Captain was quite annoyed with his divemasters for forgetting the water. Hey I have made mistakes too, so we give them another try a day or two later. This time there is MINIMAL water on board! The only reason they did not run out is that half the boat brought their own. I did and a bottle of gatorade - I learned my lesson the first time. I don't need bottled water - a large cooler jug of tap water will do, but you have to have lots of water on a dive boat. No between dive snacks either. You need to step up your game on the snacks front, and never ever again have a dive boat void of fresh water.........Really, how could this happen on a professional dive boat? One bad day, ok it happens, but the second day with minimal water? Come on guys, I know you can do better.

Visited August 2013