“This was the highlight of my trip!”

Rainbow Scuba Hawaii
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Beginner Scuba Dive with Turtles
More attraction details
Owner description: Honolulu's scuba diving price leader featuring quality boat diving charters for beginner first time scuba divers or advanced divers! PADI Scuba certification instruction. Experience Hawaii shipwrecks and turtle reefs 7 days a week aboard our catamaran. 100% safety record, Waikiki beach hotel pick up, and Free underwater photos!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I came to Rainbow Scuba because a friend of mine had dived with them before and, since this was my first dive- you could imagine how nervous I was! It was my boyfriend, his 3 friends and I so yes, I was the only girl and like a girl, I have to be honest, I was going to back out after one of the divers gave us the instructions and what to expect when we dive. The first dive was very intense but like they said, their are 3 simple rules and when followed everything will be A OK. After my first dive, the second dive (around 50ft) was much easier because I got the hang of it. It was amazing down there and Jeff was very attentive and patient with me. He made my dive so much easier and more willingly to dive again the next time. I told myself that I will only dive once for the books and thats it but, after my experience with everyone (divers of Rainbow, friends, etc) I might just dive again!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"dive shop"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Ken and his crew were great. One of us is certified and had a terrific time, and the other went on a discovery dive. Ken is very patient and helpful, and works hard to make sure his customers have a good time. I highly recommend this company.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I are first time divers, the entire crew were patient, understanding, and showed us a great time. We both LOVED the experience and plan on doing it again in the future.

1  Thank Jdrac
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found Rainbow Scuba online prior to our trip. I contacted Ken , he informed me they only take reservation once your on the island due to a lot of no shows(understandable). Set up our first dive once we landed in Oahu.

The day of our dive, Brian picked us up at our hotel (free of charge) and drove us to the dock. At the boat we met Ken and Tom our dive instructors, both we very enthusiastic about teaching new divers about Scuba. Ken spent most of the boat ride out to the dive spot going over safety rules and basic dive skills. Ken made it very clear Scuba was not for everyone, and gave us the option of back out at anytime or just snorkle for a smaller fee. Now with a basic understanding of the rules and skills mastered (on the boat that is) it was time to get in the water.

Now is when the fun begins, again Ken was right there to verify we were ok and comfortable. I must say if it was not for Ken, I would have called it quits the first time I got a mouth fun of salt water and had that panic moment of I can't breath. Ken was there to calm me down and down we went......We completed to amazing dives including swimming with sea turtles, seeing a good size shark and an octopus. Ken and Tom took tons of great pics (which were posted on their site free of charge!)

Unlike most outings in Hawaii, there were not additional fees, hidden charges or up-sales.

Ken, Tom and Brian, You guys are great!, Thank you for the best day of our vacation!!!!!!!

See you next time we are in Oahu

Tommy and Mary Hollenbaugh

See more reviews
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Called the morning of my first day in Honolulu. Ken answered all my questions and told me they'd pick me up at my condo at 1:30 the next afternoon, which they did as promised. I had not been diving in 10 years and kind of needed to be re-certified. Two days and 4 great dives later, I'm certified. 4 days later I have 6 dives in, including a wreck dive at the YO. Ken was an amazing instructor. Super safe and made sure I knew what I was doing, but didn't take 1 oz. of the fun out of it. Brian was a great boat captain and van driver. Tom was a great help on the first 2 dives. Then Jeff took us down to the wreck(s). He too was super to dive with. He knew where he was going, what to look for and how to show it to us. If you want to get PADI certified while on Oahu, I highly recommend Rainbow Scuba. If you don't want to get certified, but just want to see if you like diving, also do that with Ken and the crew. Thanks guys for such an awesome diving and certification experience!