“Totally worthwhile! I'm so glad that I did this.”

Rainbow Scuba Hawaii
More attraction details
Owner description: Honolulu's scuba diving price leader featuring quality boat diving charters for beginner first time scuba divers or advanced divers! PADI Scuba certification instruction. Experience Hawaii shipwrecks and turtle reefs 7 days a week aboard our catamaran. 100% safety record, Waikiki beach hotel pick up, and Free underwater photos!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Totally worthwhile! I'm so glad that I did this.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ken was awesome. He totally put me at ease and made learning fun and memorable while making me feel totally safe. I don't mind saying that initially that I was very nervous about learning how to scuba diving. Ken is and experienced diver that has a talent for teaching and mentoring. Thanks Rainbow Diving for introducing me to a hobby that I can enjoy for a lifetime.

Jimmy

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jimmy B

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Grand Experience”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

What was a beginner dive for me and my wife on Oct. 12, 2012, turned out to be an experience of a lifetime. During the two dives, Jeff (our instructor) did not only made us comfortable & safe in and out of the water, but also made us look good in our pictures with the fishes, turtles, and octopus. We highly recommend rainbowscuba when you visit Oahu. Jeff & the team are awesome! Thanks for the 40 memorable pictures.

Warren/Raquel

1 Thank Warren G
Maricopa, Arizona
“WOW”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Jeff, all we can say is you are one heck of an instructor. It has been many years since I dove as I was hit by a drunk driver and messed up reall bad. Jeff took his time with me and understood my disabilities and totally acomidated to my condition. Jeff made a believer at of me not only could I dive again but he did teach this old dog some new tricks. His demeanor is by far one of his Huge strong points, he takes his time with you and will never steer you wrong. Thanks again Jeff you are truly the best.

1 Thank Chris K
Nuevo, California
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my first time ever diving and i wanted to make sure I went some place that was well recommended and also a place i could get my money out of. This place by far exceeded my expectations. Not only did Jeff make me and the woman feel completely safe, but he made it so easy. He makes sure your safe while having a great time and anything you need he is there for you. This company went above and beyond. We were dropped off at the harbor by a family friend and were supposed to be picked back up but they asked us to walk so instead of having us walk, Jeff called the shuttle and said we shouldn't have to walk and it would be there pleasure to drop us off. I would recommend this company to anyone of my friends or family that are planning on going to Hawaii. Thanks so much Rainbow Scuba i will now be getting certified because of you guys. This was probably one of the best experiences i have ever had.

1 Thank Swanker7
Boulder
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great diving”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We swam with baby sea turtles, eels, octopuses, thousands of fish and explored an old shipwreck. We wanted our kids to love diving and the dives with Ken and Jeff blew them away.
Our children (16 & 17 years old) had done resort dives before, but we wanted them to get certified. Rainbow's instruction was thorough, but entertaining enough to keep the kids' attention. Having the confined water training dive in a lagoon rather than a swimming pool is fantastic. It's as safe as a pool, but more realistic and they got to see some fish and coral at the same time. During their first open water certification dive they were demonstrating the skills among baby sea turtles, coral and schools of tropical fish. Since our kids will be heading out on their own soon, we wanted to make sure their certification was rigorous enough to keep them safe when we're not around. Ken went through everything PADI requires, then reinforced the key safety skills. He made them work through the dive tables until they became second nature. They can rattle off maximum bottom times for some depths from memory. Obviously they can use a dive calculator, but it's comforting to know they can keep themselves safe using the tables if they have to.
Once the kids were certified, Jeff took us down to the shipwreck. It was amazing. We swam along the top, then down through one of the cargo holds. Along the way Jeff was constantly spotting octopuses and other creatures. Check out the pictures on the Rainbow website. During our dives we saw just about everything on there.

Visited November 2012