Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great room with large kitchen for a great price”

Aqua Skyline at Island Colony
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
oahu
“Great room with large kitchen for a great price”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

For a great price, the reservation clerk at the front desk decided to double the awesomeness by giving us a great view of the city, Iolani High School, the Ala Wai Canal, the Ala Wai Golf Course, and the mountains. It was amazing. We had a King bed, the shower was a little too small but it was fine, there was a huge chair to sit on in the living room, and a lot of work space.

There was also a large refrigerator, full kitchen with utensils, soap/scrubber, dry cloth's, and more. There was also coffee and condiments.

Although we only stayed for one night, we wish that we could have stayed longer because the room darkening drapes allowed us to enjoy waking up later.

Service was great!

Room Tip: I used Hotels.com and found a deal under $100, but if you ask for a better view (panorama), the rese...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank trueislandbeauty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mililani, Hawaii
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had a fantastic weekend stay. Front Desk and Security staff were very helpful and attended to any need or question I had. Rooms were quality and affordable. My only gripe was with housekeeping entering my room without sufficient notice. However, I had a great overall stay. I would definitely recommend and return.

Merry Christmas!

• Stayed December 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our stay at the Aqua Skyline was great! Check in was a breeze & the staff were all so nice and friendly. I want to that the GM Brian Kovaloff for making sure our stay was memorable. I mentioned that it was a special vacation for my partner and he made sure that all our accommodations were met to my specifications! The view from the penthouse is excellent, and I would recommend this hotel over the large resorts in Waikiki.
-JC

Room Tip: The penthouse rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel was in a great location, the room was nice and staff were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the day I arrived they started construction on the pool which I wasn't informed about at the time of the booking. I was on the 15th floor and it was noisy from construction and the hall way smelt really bad. Also house keeping woke me up at 7:10am to clean my room even though this is before their start time. When I asked for her to come back later she came back at 7:30am. Also the morning I left the vending machine ate my money and concierge weren't able to assist me and informed me I would have to contact the building management for assistance who opened at 9am and it was 4:30am

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dee K
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 16, 2013

everything was perfect for me and my family. location was good as it was in the center of all action. rooms were very clean. i want to thank Mona for helping us out during our stay. she was very helpful and friendly. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We are leaving tomorrow and are reflecting on our trip. Must say that the hotel was great.. clean and comfortable, updated, great location and view, and amazing customer service. There is towel service, a convenience store, and bbq's on their 6th floor terrace.. which all came in very handy. The building is very secure and I did not see any questionable characters during our stay.

The balcony is a fair size with a fair sized table and chairs so we ate many meals there... some meals we cooked, and some were takeout (we really like the Cheesecake Factory for takeout.. generous portions and consistent).

No regrets.. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Gorgeous views from the higher floors.. we stayed in a corner room (3721) that had a view of the wat...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BbyBeth
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for the second time with my husband from December 12-December 15 because we had an excellent experience the first time around. The first night was just horrible. When we first check in, our room was just dirty! There was hair everywhere! In the tub, on the bedsheets, on the sofabed, on the bathroom floor! There was a lot of dirt on the kitchen floor & to make it worse, the frame of the bed was really dusty like it hasnt been cleaned months! For one who has asthma like myself, this is unacceptable. Another issue that came up was that our TV was not working! The maid/maintenance person sent to our room could not even figure out how to fix it! She had to call a co-worker who was not working that night who lived right next to the building to come take a look at it. They put us on the 15th floor which was having renovations done with the moldings. The sight was not pretty. We asked to be moved but they said they had nothing available until the next day but it only had a shower & no tub! What a waste of a night! The next day, they moved us up to the 38th floor. It was ok but it was an ADA room so there was no closet & no separation between the toilet, & shower. They also had us check out of our current room & wait in the lobby for a couple of hours to switch our room...another wasted day. The next day after coming from a long day out, we come to a messy room because the maid never came to clean & do our bed. We had to call front desk to have them come clean. At checkout, there was no one at the front desk. We had to ring the bell several times until a lady came out. She was not friendly at all. We were just glad to check out. We did complain to the hotel manager Brian, but he did not even offer anything to us for our inconveniences. We will never come back to Aqua Skyline at Island Colony!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rho W
Brian K, Manager at Aqua Skyline at Island Colony, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Aloha,
Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. It is unfortunate that these issues happened during your stay and would like a chance serve you again in the very near future. The issues you experienced, have been brought up to our management team as we find solutions to ensure they never happen again.
I look forward to hearing from you by email at bkovaloff@aquaresorts.com.

Mahalo,