Aqua hotels took over management of the hotel portion of this condo-hotel in the center of Waikiki. It is and has been a favorite for Japanese and Canadian and now Chinese tourists because of its price and very convenient location at the center of Waikiki. For the price this is a value and best of the second tier resorts off the beach and better than anything on Kuhio Ave which is not the safest place at night with hookers and what seems to be weekly shootings and stabbings associated with the clubs and bars. Stick to the beach hotel bars where you can see the ocean and its mo bettah.
The 6th floor pool area has been remodeled with wooden cabanas, a small jacuzzi, there are plenty outdoor BBQ stations and a tiny exercise room, large modern laundry room and a friendly mini mart. There is a lobby cafe with coffee and some hot foods.
The major suggestion is that the sauna 2-3 max is way to small... there needs be bigger and separate ladies and mens saunas which was overlooked by the remodeling committee.
The rooms are nice and clean with the higher floors 20-45 having sunrise and moonrise views of Diamondhead volcano on the East side, sunsets, Friday fireworks show and Manoa Valley on the west side. Every room has open air lanai/balconies for dining, sunbathing and with the best weather on the planet you can sleep with your sliding doors open year round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu