we stayed here for 2 nights in early jan. I was quite surprised to notice an outdoor reception area .. we got an upgrade to a 1 bedroom panoramic unit on the 42nd floor. the view was to die for .. our bedroom lanai faced diamond head and though we were a few blocks from the ocean we still had a good view of waikiki beach.. since we were celebrating our anniversary we got a complimentary macadamia nut chocolate box from the hotel management, nice surprise !!! We had booked the snooze and cruise package which is a great deal if you are planning to drive around the island and not worry about parking in waikiki .. the lobby is a bit dated but the rooms are nicely renovated and clean .. we did not have air conditioning in the living room though .. All the rooms have been renovated with modern touches and I believe there are plans to upgrade the common areas soon .. we enjoyed our stay here, no complaints whatsoever ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki's best shopping and dining. Soaring above the city, the hotel is the tallest building in Waikiki at 44-stories. Here you'll find modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki's skyline and Diamond Head. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chari rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy renovated studios and suites appointed with modern decor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies, and 40" flat screen LCD TVs. Relax and lounge in the pool area and sundeck, featuring amazing views and BBQ grills for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu