This is a great place to stay. I'm pretty picky about cleanliness, and this place exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and large. The bathroom also was clean and large. I loved the lanai and the view of Diamond Head. I left the doors open all night and was awakened each morning (around 5:15) to the manu mele (birds song). It was lovely!
Just be aware of a few things that have been mentioned by many others ... there isn't a pool or a gym (but who really needs either of those things in Hawaii); the hotel is not right on the beach, but it's very, very close and has access (literally walk through the parking lot) to a great little, private beach that you share with the Outrigger Canoe Club and the Colony Surf Hotel. The hotel will give you beach chairs and towels to use too. I didn't use the free bikes because I didn't have time (was visiting for work), but I would have loved to use them. The location, for me, is perfect. It is close enough to Waikiki to walk there and do whatever you want to do, but it's also far enough away that you can avoid Waikiki. I love being down at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki, but just be aware that the walk along the beach through Kapiolani park to Waikiki is about 10 minutes.
Be aware (or check with the hotel) that the hotel restaurant is "closed for remodeling." That was kind of a bummer. They did serve a continental style breakfast, which met my needs, but I was hoping for the restaurant.
I would recommend Tiki's as a relatively inexpensive place to eat and/or have a drink. It's at the DH end of Waikiki so not a very long walk, and the food and live music are great. Excellent quality and locally sourced as much as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii