“A Wonderful Hotel Experience Like None Other!”

Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Atlanta
“A Wonderful Hotel Experience Like None Other!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Upon the recommendation of a friend, I cancelled my reservations at a prominent Waikiki property in favor of the Aqua Lotus -- and I am SO glad that I did. As a business traveler on vacation (and celebrating my 60th birthday!), I was looking for an escape from the hustle & bustle, busy schedules, phones, etc. and found this property to be the perfect spot for a week of relaxation. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean, but the friendly staff (maintenance staff, housekeeping, front desk, valet, management etc.)sets this property apart from the hundreds in which I've stayed. The views from an upper floor corner rooms are wonderful from sunrise to sunset. With the opening of the new restaurant ("Park"), the hospitable experience will become even more complete. I look forward to returning again soon!! Thanks, Joshua and team!

Room Tip: Upper floor corner rooms are the place to be!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jers53
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Aloha jers53,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. We are also glad that you decided to stay with us. It's always nice to hear how relaxing a guest stay was and to hear that the true personality of the property and staff was appreciated. I'm happy to say that our restaurant opened last week and it is being received well by hotel guests as well as our neighbors. We look forward to seeing you again!

jgray@lotushawaii.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my second stay at the Aqua Lotus and I was not disappointed upon my return! This hotel is an oasis in the midst of a very busy tourist town. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the views of Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park and the Ocean change with the time of day. Having a good-sized lanai with the breezes provides for quiet time to read, reflect and meditate. The beach is tucked away and uncrowded with enough water activity and family companionship to balance it out. Seldom have I found a staff that is so friendly, yet professional. Everyone is respectful, gracious and accommodating. This is a place for those who seek quiet and peace, comfortable surroundings, exquisite views and beach or neighborhood walks. It was more like being in a home than a hotel. This is a one of a kind place and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Serenity821
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Aloha Serenity821,

Thank you for coming back to stay with us at Lotus Honolulu. It was refreshing to read how you enjoyed your room and lanai, but still found time to get out and enjoy the beach. I must say, I believe our staff here is our greatest asset and they help to set us apart from other properties. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My partner and I just returned from a stay at the Aqua Lotus. I have stayed in a number of hotels in Honolulu, and this hotel ranks high up on my list. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome and the quiet location is a definite advantage over the hustle and bustle of Waikiki.

The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. I would have preferred a few more TV channels, but I did not come to Waikiki to watch TV, so no biggie. The beach is convenient and not nearly as crowded as other parts of the Waikiki.

The staff is excellent. They go out of their way to make sure you have everything that you need to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

It appears that a restaurant is opening very soon. We peeked in and it looks beautiful! A little disappointed it was not open while we were there. I guess we will try it out next time.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms seem to have a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank crazyhotelguy
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Aloha crazyhotelguy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. We are pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. While I'm not sure how long we will remain hidden, I will agree that this place is a jewel! I am happy to tell you that our restaurant will be open in the next two weeks, so we look forward to your return.

Connecticut
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Yes, my first review... I started reading TripAdvisor posts after I had begun to plan our family trip to Hawaii, and as a result, I cancelled our reservations at a larger resort in a busy area of Waikiki so we could see if the Aqua Lotus lived up to all the great reviews. It sure did! Honolulu/the Waikiki area are wonderful of course, but as it is a busier area, it can be overwhelming for us folks who are used to the suburbs. Returning to this hotel after each day of sightseeing was soothing for my husband and I as well as our two daughters, 10 and 13.
As everyone says, the staff is without a doubt the best I have ever experienced in any other hotel, and we travel a lot. It was so nice to pull up our car and have someone ask how our day was, help us find a place to order pizza etc, this after the staff always made sure we had some water before we started out each day. While heading out to watch the 4th of July fireworks on the beach, we realized it would be a lot nicer if we had beach chairs. Of course when I returned to the lobby, we were immediately offered chairs we could borrow. We loved the views of Diamond Head, and felt "at home" in a busier part of Hawaii. In fact, when checking out, I asked a couple in the lobby if I could just cut in to say thank you at the front desk for a wonderful stay. It turns out that couple included the manager of the hotel, who truly takes pride in his staff. What a magical start to our amazing vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LaurieP874
Aloha LaurieP874,

Thank you for taking the time to write your "first" review about Lotus Honolulu. I must say, reading your review took me right back to our encounter in the lobby on the day of your departure. The excitement you showed while telling me about your stay and also how pleased you were with the staff was truly amazing. What you experienced is exactly what we try to deliver everyday; we invite each guest into our home! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

On the far end of Waikiki- The beach is nice and uncrowded compaired to where all the shopping and tourists are. There is a beautiful park there. There is no pool, but come on, the beach is right behind it. The hotel itself is very zen - peaceful and comfortable. The staff is SOOOOOO wonderful. Helpful, friendly. Couteous. Had a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Nanigirl275
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Aloha Nanigirl275,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. As you figured out, our location is definitely one of the highlights of our hotel. The peaceful and comfortable setting is what attracts a lot of our guests. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This newly renovated hotel has good views of the ocean and diamond head. While located on the eastern end of Waikiki, it is a close walk to the beach and other attractions. Conveniently located right across the street from the park with lots of people watching and a great place for a jog. Convenient to public transportation. The staff are attentive to your needs and take pride in their work. We would return again.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank samijosh
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Aloha samijosh,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. I am delighted to hear that the staff was attentive to your needs and yes, we are very proud of the work that is done here. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Aqua Lotus in early March 2013, en-route from Australia via Guam to the USA. I had done a little research prior to booking my hotel in Honolulu, and was richly rewarded with my stay here. From check-in, to check-out, this hotel was outstanding in all facets of service. Check-in was quick, seamless, the staff courteous, and genuine. The beauty of the Aqua Lotus is its (small) size and location. What it lacks in not having a pool, it makes up for in superior service and location - (right on the beach, with a 15-minute walk to the Waikiki strip, well enough away from the noise and bright lights).
Rooms are well-appointed, clean, and most importantly, quiet, with an incredibly comfortable bed. I booked a corner suite, on an upper floor, with beautiful views of Diamond Head and the beach. The knowledgeable reception staff was always happy to assist with bookings, recommendations on places to eat and share valuable local knowledge on things to do and see. The restaurant was undergoing refurbishment during my stay, but breakfast was still offered, with a wide array of healthy and appetizing options, great coffee and unobtrusive, excellent service.
In comparison to the over-inflated prices of the soulless, cookie-cutter hotels on the Waikiki strip, the Aqua Lotus represents excellent value for money, with friendly, helpful staff that are a standout, and comfortable rooms that will deliver a memorable stay. Highly recommended, but don’t tell everyone. It’s Honolulu’s best-kept secret.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, and book a corner suite. Corner suites might cost a little extra, but are w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Dale A
Joshua G, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Aloha Dale A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Lotus Honolulu. You are a prime example of how if we do our jobs correctly, all of our guests will fill just like you do. You are right, we are Honolulu's best kept secret! I am please to let you know that our restaurant will be open on July 27th. We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully you will dine with us.