I stayed at Lotus for one night on a Friday night with my Shiba dog due to having the house fumigated. Most everything is as noted in other reviews:
* no on-property restaurant
* only one elevator
* 12 floors with 5 (??) rooms per floor
* small in-room refrigerator
* flat screen HDTV
* cork puller and ice bucket in room
* alarm clock / player with iPod dock.
* location near urban core of Waikiki, but not in it
* wonderful staff
* nice, quiet location adjacent Kapiolani Park
* in-room hardwood floors that seemed rather strange at first
* shower (no soaking bath)
* complimentary wi-fi
* complimentary coffee & tea service in lobby (morning)
* complimentary wine service in lobby (evening)
* beach chairs & towels available for guest use
* cruiser bicycles available for guest use
* valet only parking
* calming 'zen-like' theme throughout hotel
What made this place a great choice for me was that it was pet friendly (I needed a place to stay with my dog) and because it's not in the urban core of Waikiki. The general ambience of the place is more like that of properties in Kaanapali, Maui; as opposed to typical urban core Waikiki hotels.
I think this is a special preference type hotel; not for people with 'big box' hotel (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt) expectations who need all the associated on-property restaurants, bars, pools, nightclubs, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee, guests will enjoy amenities including: WiFi Internet access throughout the hotel, Valet Parking, unlimited DVD movies and Playstation 3 games, in-room Coffee, in-room Safe, Coffee and Tea service in the lobby, daily Wine Service in lobby, Concierge Services, daily Newspaper, Bicycles and use of Beach Towels & Chairs, outdoor Yoga Classes, and Waikiki Shuttle Service. We also offer admission for (2) at the Honolulu Museum of Art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii