Stayed at aqua lotus for5nights in June.This was the last stop of our 5week trip to USA.Based on all the reviews on this website I was really looking forward to our stay at Aqua Lotus.This review is an honest review based on the room and service .Check in was at 7pm ,quick, efficient and friendly. Most of the questions were asked by myself and then I found out we were given a room on the 3rd floor,enquired why I didn't get a high floor, was told would be $20 more per night.This information would have been handy when booking.So we decided to see the room before deciding to upgrade.Our room was on level 3 right in front of the laundry and ice room. We agreed to stay in this room just because of the laundry,another big mistake.The ice machine is very noisy and we could hear the noise most of the time.Also this room is a very noisy with noise continuously coming from above and next doors.this was very very annoying.Room was big with 2twin beds, bathroom was old,and toilet blocked a few times.Facilities in room were iron,safe,hair dryer ,coffee machine and fridge-no mini bar which didn't bother us as we never touch things from there.I was very unhappy with our room as it was the lowest level from which rooms are in.level 2 has breakfast which you can purchase, free coffee and tea available from 7am to 10am.Also restaurant opening in July 2013 on level 2.moving to the elevator , what can I say.....14floors and one elevator which takes more then 5minutes to get if you are lucky.we managed to use the stairs on most occasions after waiting more than 5minutes .also note our room had a security alarm sensor,made me worry about security of our room as it could be easily accessed by outsiders as the corridor was open hallways.Our room cleaner was very efficient and did her job really good.Another good point was the coin laundry room which accepts quarters only $1 for wash and $1.50 for dryer,only issue was thy need to be cleaned and serviced regularly as dryer was not working on one selection. I was looking forward to a great end to our holidays at Aqua Lotus, this wasn't the case.We had booked 4months in advance and were looking forward to our stay here.the staff were the friendliest bunch, they helped us with any queries from bus information to shopping mall queries.The staff made our stay very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Prestigia, TravelUp, Splitty, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii