...that this hotel didn't have a restaurant. It had a little area on the second floor that was more like a cafe, and they served breakfast (complimentary coffee/tea, bagels, pastries, fresh cut fruit, etc.), but considering the Lotus was a bit of a walk away from the Waikiki hotels (and that the New Otani hotel next door required reservations for their restaurant), I would have had a much more convenient stay during June 2013 if they operated their own restaurant.
I also had a bad experience the first time ordering breakfast here: I walked into the second floor and asked the employee there (a man with short black hair) if this was their restaurant, and he gave me an attitude saying, "This is it!" I already felt put off while ordering a bagel with cream cheese and lox, and when I brought it back to my room, the capers that came along with it was sloppily plopped all over the container. My bagel was wet and soggy. However, a few days later during my stay, I reluctantly entered the second floor again and a nice lady with blonde hair greeted me with a more welcoming attitude and prepared my breakfast much more neatly. I wish I could've met her the first time rather than the other employee.
However, some earlier reviewers mentioned that this hotel is planning to add a restaurant to their facilities, so that will certainly be advantageous to future guests.
Other than that, my stay here was great. I liked that it was away from the main part of Waikiki so that I can enjoy some peace and quiet during the daytime. The staff was always friendly to me and always tried to make conversation like asking me where I've been visiting while I've been in Hawaii, my future plans, and giving me sightseeing suggestions. My room was always clean when I returned to it. Although they don't have any on-site spas or restaurants like the other hotels, I think that they networked very well with an outside massage service called Infinity, and a local food delivery service that provided a dine-out menu to guests. I think these are what have kept costs low for hotel guests; low overhead costs for the hotel. On top of that, the refreshing ice water they provide in the lobby and the complimentary wine between 4pm-6pm are great perks.
One more critical word: the lobby has these lovely sofas that look adorable, but do need a bit of cleaning. I saw a couple of stains on them during my stay. Other than that, the floor is always swept and the facilities look clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii