Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
$329
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
$326
$450
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
$234
Agoda.com
$190
1,126 results
All reviewskapiolani parkdiamond headcomplimentary winefree bikesoutrigger canoe clubbeach chairsboutique hotelpremium roomquiet locationminute walkcorner roomvalet parkingquiet end of waikikikaimana beachacross the streetocean viewbottled water
Reviewed March 12, 2013

loved the location.drive right in and easy check in and in the room in minutes.
everyone was so pleasant.loved the wine in the afternoon
car was right there and valet pulled it right up,no waiting
will be back

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cocowilli
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Aqua Lotus Honolulu. Your sentiments reflect what most guests comment on the most and what we consider the details that separate us from most hotels. Whether it be the excellent location, friendly and efficient staff or the number of value added amenities that are provided, this property will not let you down regardless the reason for your trip.

We are hard at work to improve our product offerings and services. In the past few weeks we have added Verismo Espresso machines and new upgraded bed linens, added small touches to our evening turndown housekeeping service and a daily breakfast offering on our second floor. We are very near to announcing a much anticipated operator for our restaurant space that will change the culinary scene in Honolulu for years to come.

We hope to see you again very soon at our charming little hideaway on the Gold Coast.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We are very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. They have free coffee in the morning and complimentary wine from 4-6. The staff is extremely friendly. They also offer free bikes and beach towels. It is in a very active area yet the rooms are very quiet. They do not have a pool or fitness center but I can't remove the terrible rating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in two hotels in Waikiki. This was definitely my least favorite of the two. The Lobby and the room were quite nice, the staff polite, and the area is far more quiet than other parts of Waikiki. There is also a stellar view of Diamond Head. If these are all the requirements you have, then this is your hotel.

Personally, I don't care to have to walk fifteen+ minutes past areas that are less than safe to get to the very edge of everything Waikiki has to offer...particularly with shopping bags. Then there is much more walking to get to various shopping and dining venues. This is not an area I would recommend walking through at night, particularly if you are alone. It's not really rough or anything, but I wouldn't want to risk it. During one walk I saw a half naked man surrounded by police on the sidewalk; the next day I saw a man trying to hold up a beach towel and dress at the same time as he stood against a car. I also didn't like the "view" of the ocean...which was barely a view at all. The bulbs in the rooms are blindingly bright, and the cover they throw across the foot of the bed was stained. I rolled it up and tucked it away during our stay...trying not to think of what it might be stained with! In fairness, however...this was the only real cleanliness issue I had during my stay. The paint is peeling away from the outside of the building, and, though you need your key to use the elevator, your door is open to the outside...not an indoor corridor. There is also no complimentary breakfast of any sort, as I recall.

All this for more than an extra hundred dollars over the price of the other hotel? No thanks! I won't be staying here again. They aren't terrible, there are just too many better options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UniqueCritique2012
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was by far our most relaxing vacation!! Just far enough away from the hustle of all the stores, but close enough for a nice walk in!!!
The amenities are first class (pillow, bed, and shower head) are all things I wanted to take with me!!
The staff is so friendly and always helpful. Beach Chairs, beach towells, bicycles, umbrella, wine bar happy hour are all available for the asking.
My only problem with the place is that it is a very long ways from home and we could not stay longer!!

Well done Aqua Lotus!

Room Tip: One side has the park and Diamond Head, the other side has the ocean. You cannot go wrong!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in an "ocean view" corner room on the 10th floor. The ocean view is just a peekaboo view through the buildings that are actually on the beach. This was not a surprise, we got that before booking. The view of Diamond Head was stellar. We loved that the windows opened on 2 adjacent walls allowing the lovely breeze to circulate though the room. As others have noted, the elevator is incredibly slow, but we were never in that much of a rush.

What we did not like was that it seemed every time we went to the lobby, there was never anyone at the front desk. We had to wait or hunt down someone to retrieve our car. Also, the "restaurant" was always out of items when we stopped in for breakfast. The "business center" is a very tiny room at the end of a dark hallway. When I went there to check into my flight and get a boarding pass, the entire stairway up was not lit and extremely dark as was the hallway getting to the room - very creepy and hard to navigate. Then when I checked into my flight, I had to pay a fee of around $7 dollars for a 10 or 15 minute session on their computer and was charged 75 cents for every page that printed out. I've never had this experience at any other hotel. If it weren't for these issues, I would have given it 4 stars.

I thought that being away from the heart of Waikiki would be nice, but we found ourselves walking down there every day and then longing to be closer. We loved the upgrades made to the main avenue (Kalakaua?) and the new City Walk neighborhood at the south end of the strip and wished we had stayed down there instead.

Just a side note, not about the hotel - it had been maybe 7 years since visiting Honolulu and we were appalled at how bad the traffic has become. We wasted so much time trying to drive from one spot to another. On our trip up to the north shore, the back up was so bad it took us over an hour just to get to the outskirts of town. Pity.

Room Tip: Get a high floor corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple