We stayed in an "ocean view" corner room on the 10th floor. The ocean view is just a peekaboo view through the buildings that are actually on the beach. This was not a surprise, we got that before booking. The view of Diamond Head was stellar. We loved that the windows opened on 2 adjacent walls allowing the lovely breeze to circulate though the room. As others have noted, the elevator is incredibly slow, but we were never in that much of a rush.
What we did not like was that it seemed every time we went to the lobby, there was never anyone at the front desk. We had to wait or hunt down someone to retrieve our car. Also, the "restaurant" was always out of items when we stopped in for breakfast. The "business center" is a very tiny room at the end of a dark hallway. When I went there to check into my flight and get a boarding pass, the entire stairway up was not lit and extremely dark as was the hallway getting to the room - very creepy and hard to navigate. Then when I checked into my flight, I had to pay a fee of around $7 dollars for a 10 or 15 minute session on their computer and was charged 75 cents for every page that printed out. I've never had this experience at any other hotel. If it weren't for these issues, I would have given it 4 stars.
I thought that being away from the heart of Waikiki would be nice, but we found ourselves walking down there every day and then longing to be closer. We loved the upgrades made to the main avenue (Kalakaua?) and the new City Walk neighborhood at the south end of the strip and wished we had stayed down there instead.
Just a side note, not about the hotel - it had been maybe 7 years since visiting Honolulu and we were appalled at how bad the traffic has become. We wasted so much time trying to drive from one spot to another. On our trip up to the north shore, the back up was so bad it took us over an hour just to get to the outskirts of town. Pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii