“Awesome Boutique Hotel”

Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great, quiet location. Friendly and helpful staff, from checking in, to housekeeping. to the valet guys. Love the complimentary coffee in the morning. lemon -ice water during the day., and the wine in the afternoon. A 3 minute walk to the Sans Souci Beach at the back of the hotel and about 10 minutes to the Waikiki Beach. The rooms are a great size with a coffee maker, bar fridge and microwave (if needed).The rooms have been remodeled, with a wonderful view of Diamond Head and the ocean, on the higher floors. Bikes, beach chairs, and yoga mats are all available. Yoga is offered in the park, accross the street, four times a week.
This was my second year at this jotel and would return.

Room Tip: A higher floor to take advantage of the views from the wide, furnished balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Evelyn M
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Aqua Lotus Honolulu. Your sentiments reflect what most guests comment on the most and what we consider the details that separate us from most hotels. Whether it be the excellent location, friendly and efficient staff or the number of value added amenities that are provided, this property will not let you down regardless the reason for your trip.

We are hard at work to improve our product offerings and services. In the past few weeks we have added Verismo Espresso machines and new upgraded bed linens, added small touches to our evening turndown housekeeping service and a daily breakfast offering on our second floor. We are very near to announcing a much anticipated operator for our restaurant space that will change the culinary scene in Honolulu for years to come.

We hope to see you again very soon at our charming little hideaway on the Gold Coast.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

my family spend quality time @ lotus hotel last week. We stayed for 3nights and i absolutely in love with diamond head view. The mountain and ocean view was lovely (ocean is kind of hidden between other building but other things are beautiful enough). I loved spacious room and everything was prepared and lotus offer free wine and coffee time loved every detail.
Then there was one minor mistake, We booked two rooms with booking.com then when we arrived at the hotel, desk person just told me they can only see one reservation. We arrived little early (during lunch time) so they are eating something while they inform this terrible news( that we only have one room). At that moment I really hated this hotel, I was with my mom and dad, they are greatly stressed about this news and I was very very upset about desk man's attitude. fortunately I had my reservation print out that clearly saids two rooms, then they said they are going to contact booking.com and sort out. I had to write it because that moment my stress level was beyong my control.
BUT AFTER THAT lotus hotel's service was great
they compansate my stress with free upgrade rooms (to better view) and free valet service.
I was very happy to see how they handle this problems. My initial disappointment was all gone after that. Everyone at the desk was helpful, friendly and cheerful I loved boutique hotel atmoshere that they have. Loved beach equipment rental service and bicycle rental service
loved location I will definately come back to this hotel
I would gove 5 star but with one minor mistake 4 star.
I can't wait until my next visit here and hope I can give 5star next time:)
overall I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: there is no pool but have lovely beach (kinda private shared with one other hotel) no restaurant bu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chungwon H
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is a real find! I travel to Oahu regularly and will stay here again. It is just outside the craziness of Waikiki so it is quiet, but you can still walk into Waikiki in 2 minutes. The staff was just awesome, from the valet to the housekeepers. The lobby is chic, the rooms were spacious, comfortable, and super clean. I loved everything about it. Couldn't recommend it more for a Waikiki stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room and had two balconies! It was awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Puako

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Aqua Lotus Honolulu for two nights prior to boarding our cruise. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms too. The room have been apparently refurbished recently. We were upset about the room at the third floor since there was a platform in front of our room with several birds. The good thing is that we could awake with birds singing, the bad thing was that they defecated in our lanai, and we had to take care of with the kids so that they would not step in the bird's feces. Moreover, the hotel is at around 15 minute walk from Waikiki, which depending on your objectives can be good or bad. The walk until Waikiki would be pleasant, however, I would not recommend making it late at night since we felt unsafe in view of the homeless population living in the park birder in the sidewalk that takes to the hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel was everything we could have wanted for our stay in Honolulu. Rooms are large and have spectacular views of both the ocean and Diamond Head. If you can, try to stay on one of the higher floors to ensure yourself the best views and provide a bit of "buffer" from ground level noise. Aqua Lotus is set a bit back from the main shopping/dining areas, but the walk (right along Waikiki Beach) is very pleasant at pretty much any time of the day or night. Our only qualm was that the walls are a bit thin. This didn't bother me much, but could trouble light sleepers on the lower floors. Otherwise, we couldn't ask for anything more. The staff are amazing and seemingly always willing to go the extra distance to provide an outstanding experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelley A

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lovely hotel at the quiet end of Waikiki. Loved coming back to our hotel and getting away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. Amazing views of Diamond Head crater and lovely parks. Saw lots of Wedding photos being taken in the park across the street with the Diamond Head backdrop. One of the top ten most romantic restaurants in the US, Michels, is in the next building on the water. Expensive but worth it. Hotel has bikes for its guests and there are lots of bike paths outside the door. Free yoga classes on the beach and more importantly Happy Hour every day from 4-6. Dont miss breakfast prepared by Denise. She surprised us every day with a wonderful creation. Such a warm welcoming greeting from her every morning got our day off to a great start.

Room Tip: A little extra for a corner room was well worth it. We had a lovely breeze in our room with both set...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank burnabea

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel for 3 nights over this Easter holidays. Unfortunately I had to cancel as the hotel would not guarantee a premier ocean view room with two double beds. There were three of us on the booking 2 adults and my teenage son - aged 15. As we were flying from the Uk ( 21 hour flights) I wanted to ensure we had a room with two double beds. After booking directly with the hotel online - I emailed to ensure we could guarantee the two double bed configeration. I was told a request would be made but no guarantees and that if they couldn't give us a room with two double beds they could put a roll away bed in the room. I then emailed them to state that after that after such a long a flight we needed to know that two double beds would be guaranteed or I would need to cancel. I didn't get a reply to the email - 1 day later (today) I telephoned to check - and was told no guarantees. I therefore cancelled. I do not understand why a hotel - with x amount of double bed rooms could not allocate one to our booking.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank PIP3
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

I was very disappointed to read your review of the Lotus Honolulu and your decision to cancel your reservation. I can understand your hesitation to book without the guarantee of the bedding type that you requested. What set this property apart is the unique personalized service and contrast to the”Big Box” hotels in the heart of Waikiki. With that, one of our biggest challenges is the limit amount of inventory in certain categories, specifically in the Ocean View Premium double bed category of which there are only three.

It is also disappointing to me that we didn’t get a chance to provide a true representation of the service and experience that the majority of our guests rave about in the countless number of positive reviews in the pages below.

If you change your mind and would like to try to experience what the Lotus is all about, please feel free to contact me at mpickett@aquaresorts.com and I will ensure everything with your stay is up to our excellent standard of service.

Matthew Pickett