First, the hotel doesn't have a pool, beach, nor ocean views. If those are deal-breakers then you may want to stay elsewhere but you would be missing out on a gem.
The Aqua Lotus does have a friendly welcoming staff (valet, front desk, housekeeping, managers), nice Diamond Head views, a location directly across from beautiful Kapiolani Park, good-sized clean contemporary rooms, and it is removed from the crazy madness of the heart of Waikiki (a ten minute walk along the beach). It is about 200 feet from Sans Souci Beach - a really nice swimming beach at the edge of Waikiki. It does offer beach cruiser bikes to explore the local area as well as beach mats and towels for guest use. A unique historic district of older homes and cottages are just steps away at the base of Diamond Head and a good long walk brings you up to the Diamond Head overlook. Access in and out to the rest of Honolulu is easy and you can skirt the traffic on Kalakaua in Waikiki.
Improvements would be an extra elevator (only one) and a full service restaurant - it has a restaurant space that serves breakfast overlooking the park (nice) but it isn't fully operational yet.
I definitely will return here on future trips to Honolulu. I've stayed at the Halekulani (5 star, $$$$$) and the Waikiki Parc (meh...) and I prefer the location of the Aqua Lotus despite its lack of beach & pool. Go figure...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily on the 2nd floor from 7am to 10am. (In the loby from 6:00 am to 7:00am), Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii