We chose the Lotus because of a discounted rate on the first night and it's location near Kapiolani Park. Even though it is not on the beach, access is only steps away.
I understand this property was once the W and before that the Doubletree so its not brand new. Our room was on the third floor and probably had the worst view in the hotel - roof of the porte cochere below, parking garage across and ocean view blocked by condos. Security-wise that probably wasn't great either. Anyone on that floor could walk on the roof to your terrace and possibly break in, though we had no problem. Still it had nice morning sun and the room was spacious. There was a small kitchenette and a bathroom with a nice stone tile shower instead of tub. The furnishings were new, clean and modern and the wider room made the room seem brighter than a typical room.
The platform bed however had a poor double-size mattress that sloped to the center. For one person that may not be too bad but for two it was. Add to that was the oversize linens housekeeping used to make up these beds made getting into bed impossible without ripping the bed apart. I had to remake the bed every night, and housekeeping kept making the bed same way every day.
Parking is extra, and valet is required given the limited spaces available. But our car was always in a good spot and we could always grab the keys, jump in and go.
There was no restaurant on the property during our stay, but other amenities like complementary wine every afternoon and free coffee each morning were nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Beach towels and chairs were available to take to the public beach across the parking lot. I asked for and got a bath scale to help weigh our suitcases before we left. And the valets were great with directions and ideas for restaurants. There are coin laundry machines on the third floor too.
There is no spa or fitness center either but the park across the street is flat and easy to walk or run around. There is a parcourse and public tennis courts too.
Of course the location is the real attraction here. Kapiolani Park is big and quiet and short walk to the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. Getting around the island is as easy as a quick drive up Kapahulu to the H1.
Despite the bed and the third floor, I liked the Lotus and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee, guests will enjoy amenities including: WiFi Internet access throughout the hotel, Valet Parking, unlimited DVD movies and Playstation 3 games, in-room Coffee, in-room Safe, Coffee and Tea service in the lobby, daily Wine Service in lobby, Concierge Services, daily Newspaper, Bicycles and use of Beach Towels & Chairs, outdoor Yoga Classes, and Waikiki Shuttle Service. We also offer admission for (2) at the Honolulu Museum of Art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii