We just stayed in Aqua Lotus and we chose it, because of its excellent reviews on Tripadvisor.
The hotel is good, no doubt. Located about 15 Minutes walking distance to the first Hotels and Shops of Waikiki Beach. But I have to take take off points for following down sides:
- no sea view. only view to park, Diamond Head or a parking lot of other buildings at the beach
- the building is a beton square, beautiful inside but not from the outside, no green area.
- the rooms were noisy (wind and fridge, etc.)
- slow wifi
- there were no shops nearby, thats ok. But to charge guest 4.50 US for a croissant at breakfast is no service!! They do have a restaurant but last week it was closed.
- it was too cold in the lobby area, freezing!
- i asked the lobby for island weather (cause it was raining in Honolulu and we wanted to escape) and he looked at his Iphone (for Honolulu!) and sayed it was just a bit of rain. That was it!
I have an I phone as well..
It was a good hotel, the people were really nice, the rooms beautiful, BUT its not the best hotel you can stay at in Honolulu for that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee, guests will enjoy amenities including: WiFi Internet access throughout the hotel, Valet Parking, unlimited DVD movies and Playstation 3 games, in-room Coffee, in-room Safe, Coffee and Tea service in the lobby, daily Wine Service in lobby, Concierge Services, daily Newspaper, Bicycles and use of Beach Towels & Chairs, outdoor Yoga Classes, and Waikiki Shuttle Service. We also offer admission for (2) at the Honolulu Museum of Art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii