“Understated, over achiever out of the gulag”

Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed 10 nights, lured by the yoga,bikes,no pool and location just out of the tourist gulag.
All of these features exceeded expectations.
Yoga with Courtenay and Pablo was tremendous,helped by the setting outside under the banyan tree. These two are fab.
The staff are cool, and not obvious. Ciette, Wes & other concierges are so happy and helpful, we saw them often as used the bikes most days. They could do w long shorts tho, must be real hot in those navy trou, not to mention un-Hawaiian.
Sarah was excellent on reception and housekeeping staff were brilliant people.
We ate a lot at the new otani hotel next door as no food at Lotus. We weren't bothered about that.
The comp morning coffee & wine hours were much appreciated and part of our daily ritual.
Super comfy bed to boot.
We will be back next July.

Two happy Kiwis

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to post your great comments with regards to your stay with us at the AQUA Lotus Honolulu. You point out the areas that set us apart from the rest, the excellent location, and personalized amenities and most important the friendly and professional staff.
We have recently completed a room enhancement project and all our guest rooms are completely renovated and everyone who visits us comments on great everything turned out. We are also very close to being able to announce an exciting tenant to occupy our restaurant space on the second floor.

I hope that you are able to return soon to experience all of these great improvements.

There are newer reviews for Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was so serene, beautiful, and clean. The hotel staff was very kind and courteous. Our room was beautiful and comfortable.

1  Thank AnnalieseP
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to post your great comments with regards to your stay with us at the AQUA Lotus Honolulu. You point out the areas that set us apart from the rest, the excellent location, personalized amenities and most important the friendly and professional staff.

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking to stay on Waikiki then location is important. I think there are two options: rights im the heart of the hustle and bustle of the high rise hotels or away from the noise but close enough to be near ther beaches and fun. If the latter is what you're looking for, then the Aqua Lotus is a perfect choice. This boutique hotel (formerly the W) is about half a.mile east of the edge of the Waikiki shopping district across from the big park ar the base of Diamond Head. It's a bit pricey as you'd expect for this area of Honolulu, but they don't nickel and dime you for the amenities. Bicycle rental, boogie boards and beach gear are all dispensed with no change or hassle. The bell/parking guys are friendly and very knowledgeable about Oahu sights and restaurants. Parking is $20 per day but only if you leave the car in the garage overnight. If you want to save that money for a nice breakfast at the Queen's Surf Cafe, then park overnight in the plentiful street parking and bring your car into the garage in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank RedondoJim

Reviewed July 7, 2012

What a lovely hotel. This was our first visit to Honolulu and we were so glad we chose this hotel. The location was perfect away from the main part of Waikiki but easy walking distance. The hotel was one of the most comfortable I've stayed in. Apart from the recently decorated rooms, balconies to enjoy the view and ample space, the staff were outstanding. They were always friendly and ready to help with any request. We were really comfortable at the beach, which is very close, especially with towels and chairs supplied by the hotel at no charge. We stayed 6 nights then went to another island and came back for one night before returning home. We really felt so happy to return for our last night in Hawaii and it made the preparations for our return trip to Australia so easy. All of our experiences here were very good but what made the help of the staff so important was that 2 credit cards were accidentally left behind in our room and this was only discovered on our return to Australia. The hotel staff found and secured them and posted them back to us in Australia at no charge. This is what I call service!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JillCanberra

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have never spent as much time researching a hotel as I did for this trip: what with all the reviews of dampness, bugs, noise, cost, etc. Standing out from all the choices was the Aqua Lotus and it is even better than I hoped. Freshly remodeled, spacious and attractive rooms, extremely comfortable beds, amazing staff, etc. Basically I have the same things to say as reviewer David S. I LOVE that this hotel is away from the chaos of main Waikiki and surrounded by parks and residential. It is relaxing, no external noise interrupt sleep and beautiful views of Diamondhead. The staff is amazing: warm, friendly, never without a smile, knowledgeable, helpful with suggestions and directions - you feel very pampered. The bathrooms have tons of counterspace and luxurious towels. The valet parking adds up, but it was the easiest and safest option plus the valets were so pleasant. The hotel offers bicycles free of charge and they come complete with helmets and bike locks. The valet was very helpful in getting us set up to ride. If I am ever to be back in this city, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors will ensure you have unobstructed views of Diamondhead and not parking structures. Plus...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank tadec5

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Lotus for 5 nights and absolutely enjoyed my stay.

I want to start of first by talking about the great staff at this hotel. As soon as I arrived to the hotel I was kindly greeted by the valet. I had a rental car so I knew that tipping the valet would add up over time. After my second day, the valet told me that I do not have to tip him all the time because I am always in and out of the hotel. Of course I still tipped him, but its the thought that showed me the type of employees this hotel hires. When I checked in, Dante at the front desk took care of my every needs. I had most of my activities preplanned before my trip, but his suggestions seemed better than some of my activities I had planned. So of course I took his word for it and canceled some of my activities. He also suggested some great places out of the Waikiki area for a romantic dinner with my wife. I could not have ever imagined my stay at a hotel to be so problem free. Anytime I had a question or need anything the hotel staff was right there to help me out. If I had it my way I would promote all of them lol.

Secondly, I am going to talk about this hotel. The location in my opinion is better suited for me and my wife. Its away from the highly congested and noisy Waikiki area but still in walking distance. The amount of free amenities this hotel offers is unheard of. The hotel came with free wifi, which for me is a necessity. I know most hotels in Waikiki charge a daily fee for internet. The hotel provided free coffee and newspaper in the lobby every morning. The hotel provided free wine from 4-6 pm everyday. The hotel even provided us with free beach gear and even bicycles. My wife and I loved taking the bicycles out. Now the rooms from what the staff told me was just renovated a week or two ago so I was fortunate to enjoy the fine luxurious upgrades. As soon as I walked into my room, I was more than satisfied. The room was larger than I had anticipated. The floors were made of a dark hard wood flooring. All the furniture in the room was brand new. The king size bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. The TV was a flat panel LCD. The bathroom was nicely finished with marble floors and new fixtures. Although I was rarely in the room during the day, its still nice to come home and rest in a nice clean hotel room.

Overall my stay at this hotel and Hawaii has been such a great experience and more than satisfying. I highly recommend others to stay at this hotel. You will not get a better hotel than this in Waikiki with this many free amenities and price.

9  Thank David S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

AQUA LOTUS was THE BEST place you could stay at to experience the different kinds of activities you could think of! We woke up with an awesome view of the DIAMOND HEAD on the left over looking the KAPIOLANI PARK and WAIKIKI BEACH on the right! They even had a FREE BEACH CRUISER for us to use and cruise down the waikiki strip that is only a few blocks away! It was awesome!! The customer service was on point... from the maid service to the very informative and friendly concierge and valet guys. DANTE at the front desk was the best on hooking us up with local spots and festivities that were happening in town. We would DEFINITELY come back and stay at this place! Thanks for a very memorable vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple