Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$352
$325
Hotels.com
$442
$305
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$179
$380
Priceline
$525
1,126 results
All reviewskapiolani parkdiamond headcomplimentary winefree bikesoutrigger canoe clubbeach chairsboutique hotelpremium roomquiet locationminute walkcorner roomvalet parkingquiet end of waikikikaimana beachacross the streetocean viewbottled water
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have never spent as much time researching a hotel as I did for this trip: what with all the reviews of dampness, bugs, noise, cost, etc. Standing out from all the choices was the Aqua Lotus and it is even better than I hoped. Freshly remodeled, spacious and attractive rooms, extremely comfortable beds, amazing staff, etc. Basically I have the same things to say as reviewer David S. I LOVE that this hotel is away from the chaos of main Waikiki and surrounded by parks and residential. It is relaxing, no external noise interrupt sleep and beautiful views of Diamondhead. The staff is amazing: warm, friendly, never without a smile, knowledgeable, helpful with suggestions and directions - you feel very pampered. The bathrooms have tons of counterspace and luxurious towels. The valet parking adds up, but it was the easiest and safest option plus the valets were so pleasant. The hotel offers bicycles free of charge and they come complete with helmets and bike locks. The valet was very helpful in getting us set up to ride. If I am ever to be back in this city, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors will ensure you have unobstructed views of Diamondhead and not parking structures. Plus they will lesson any street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank tadec5
mpickett, General Manager at Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to post your great comments with regards to your stay with us at the AQUA Lotus Honolulu. You point out the areas that set us apart from the rest, the excellent location, personalized amenities and most important the friendly and professional staff.
We have recently completed a room enhancement project and all our guest rooms are completely renovated and everyone who visits us comments on great everything turned out. We are also very close to being able to announce an exciting tenant to occupy our restaurant space on the second floor.

I hope that you are able to return soon to experience all of these great improvements.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at the Aqua Lotus for 5 nights and absolutely enjoyed my stay.

I want to start of first by talking about the great staff at this hotel. As soon as I arrived to the hotel I was kindly greeted by the valet. I had a rental car so I knew that tipping the valet would add up over time. After my second day, the valet told me that I do not have to tip him all the time because I am always in and out of the hotel. Of course I still tipped him, but its the thought that showed me the type of employees this hotel hires. When I checked in, Dante at the front desk took care of my every needs. I had most of my activities preplanned before my trip, but his suggestions seemed better than some of my activities I had planned. So of course I took his word for it and canceled some of my activities. He also suggested some great places out of the Waikiki area for a romantic dinner with my wife. I could not have ever imagined my stay at a hotel to be so problem free. Anytime I had a question or need anything the hotel staff was right there to help me out. If I had it my way I would promote all of them lol.

Secondly, I am going to talk about this hotel. The location in my opinion is better suited for me and my wife. Its away from the highly congested and noisy Waikiki area but still in walking distance. The amount of free amenities this hotel offers is unheard of. The hotel came with free wifi, which for me is a necessity. I know most hotels in Waikiki charge a daily fee for internet. The hotel provided free coffee and newspaper in the lobby every morning. The hotel provided free wine from 4-6 pm everyday. The hotel even provided us with free beach gear and even bicycles. My wife and I loved taking the bicycles out. Now the rooms from what the staff told me was just renovated a week or two ago so I was fortunate to enjoy the fine luxurious upgrades. As soon as I walked into my room, I was more than satisfied. The room was larger than I had anticipated. The floors were made of a dark hard wood flooring. All the furniture in the room was brand new. The king size bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. The TV was a flat panel LCD. The bathroom was nicely finished with marble floors and new fixtures. Although I was rarely in the room during the day, its still nice to come home and rest in a nice clean hotel room.

Overall my stay at this hotel and Hawaii has been such a great experience and more than satisfying. I highly recommend others to stay at this hotel. You will not get a better hotel than this in Waikiki with this many free amenities and price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank David S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

AQUA LOTUS was THE BEST place you could stay at to experience the different kinds of activities you could think of! We woke up with an awesome view of the DIAMOND HEAD on the left over looking the KAPIOLANI PARK and WAIKIKI BEACH on the right! They even had a FREE BEACH CRUISER for us to use and cruise down the waikiki strip that is only a few blocks away! It was awesome!! The customer service was on point... from the maid service to the very informative and friendly concierge and valet guys. DANTE at the front desk was the best on hooking us up with local spots and festivities that were happening in town. We would DEFINITELY come back and stay at this place! Thanks for a very memorable vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kris N
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Having just completed another ten day stay at The Aqua Lotus, I can only give praise. The noise is minimal compared to any Waikiki hotel. Winos in the park are not the hotel's fault. Food options are great if you are willing to pay (Michel's) and diverse if you walk down to Waikiki.

As to your raving rant about the hotel next door, The New Otani, I have only ever had nothing but great service and aloha spirit.

I highly recommend this hotel. Big rooms and fabulous staff.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get the Ocean View Premium rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Melissa201

Thank you for taking a moment to post your great comments with regards to your stay with us at the AQUA Lotus Honolulu. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to your returning in the future.
You'll be glad to hear that we returned to the number three spot on the rankings here at TripAdvisor. As you know our staff takes a great deal of pride in the personnalized service levels that they provide day in and day out.

Cheers!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

You are not getting nickeled and dimed here. We are at a big name hotel on Maui right now and I am afraid to see the bill.
At the Lotus: Free internet, free coffee in the morning (served in the lobby), free wine in the evenings (and it's good wine, pleasantly surprised, in real glasses). Free beach chair loaner. This would have cost us $30 per person here at the Westin! Not to mention the smiles here are genuine.

I see a lot of comments about the location, but it worked for us as we had friends renting a house across the park. It is off the "main strip", but absolutely within walking distance of the famous waikiki beach. The location works for us as we have two little kids and they didn't have to be right next to us the whole time, it's a very quiet and safe location, one elevator, small lobby. You walk behind the hotel and onto san souci beach, heaven. FYI there is a hose you can use to wash the sand off if you miss the showers at the beach.

Just past the aquarium is a really cool little place for breakfast and lunch right on the beach, the queens cafe or something like that. Great burger and teriyaki chicken and grilled fish.

I did an amazing run in the mornings from the hotel up to the lighthouse (about two miles with a good hill), just ask Wesley at the valet desk which direction to head. If you have kids ask for Jesel as your housekeeper- she was so patient with ours and full of smiles.

Thanks so much for a fantastic stay and vacation! Can't wait to come back following the remodel.

Room Tip: I think that the higher floors have better views, but all the rooms face the same direction.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family