We stayed at the Lotus for a week in January. We had an ocean view premium room on the 12th floor. The room was clean and spacious. The view was great – unobstructed view of Diamond Head with partial view of the ocean from the front balcony. The “25” series premium rooms also have a side standing balcony with partial ocean view on higher floors (we saw a whale from our room).
The room has a small fridge for beverages and snacks but no coffee maker. We requested a coffee maker but after it had not arrived by the second day after our request, we cancelled the request and used the lobby coffee service.
The web page advertises single king or two double beds. However the reservation process doesn’t allow for specifying a bed configuration request. We called after making the reservation on the web and asked for two doubles. We were told that requests cannot be guaranteed but they would note the request. Upon check-in, we did not get two doubles and they wouldn’t be available for a least a couple days, so we stayed with the king.
We think that because the hotel is relatively small, and usually filled, that it is difficult for the staff to guarantee specific requests. However the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable; and upper floor rooms have great views.
The beach chairs, towels, and mats are a great service as is the afternoon wine service. The laundry facility on the 3rd floor is also helpful.
There are many food options in this area on Kapahulu: Tokkuri Tei, Ono Hawaiian, Side Street Inn, Leonards. Also Diamond Head Market & Grill is a really enjoyable walk in the morning across Kapiolani Park (for scones); pick up salads or wraps to keep in the fridge for later in the day. There is also a Safeway on Kapahulu and a convenience store next door at New Otani.
Like so many people mention, it is a great location nestled alongside Kapiolani Park.
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated enclave located on the famed Gold Coast of Waikiki, the Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head is a fusion of Asian inspired decor and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Rent beach cruiser bikes and explore Waikiki. Enjoy daily happy hour specials and delicious island cuisine at Wisp Restaurant & Lounge located on-site. Nestled between Kapiolani Park and a spectacular white sand beach shared with Outrigger Canoe Club, this hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki with remarkable views of majestic Diamond Head and the Pacific ocean. With our boutique fee of $25 per-room, per-day, guests will enjoy amenities including: Free valet parking (normally $20 per day), Coffee & tea service, served daily in the lobby from 6am to 10am, Wi-Fi internet throughout the hotel, Hawaiian bottled water available daily (in your room and car), Illy coffee system and coffee pods in guest rooms, In-room safe, Daily local newspaper, Local and toll-free calls, Wine served daily in the lobby from 4pm to 5:30pm, Beach chairs, towels, mats and other beach accessories (based on availability). See a guest service agent for assistance., Use of bicycles available for a ride around the park., Take a picnic excursion or more! (Tandem bicycle also available)., See our bell/valet agent for assistance., Waikiki shuttle available daily: Let your feet rest up while taking in all Waikiki has to offer aboard our exclusive Waikiki Shuttle service between participating Aqua properties to Ala Moana Center. See a guest services agent for assistance, visit mywaikikishuttle or download the RideSystem app on your smart phone for shuttle tracking., DVDNow Kiosk: Feel like staying in? Use your DVDNow card to enjoy complimentary movie or game rentals. Kiosk available on the 2nd floor., CastNow: Stream videos and live digital feeds to your TV from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Instructions are located in your room., Yoga! Enjoy complimentary morning yoga sessions in the park offered daily at 7:30 am. Meet in the lobby to take advantage of this great opportunity to start your morning off with the many health benefits of yoga. Yoga mats are provided., Admission for two (2) to the Honolulu Museum of Arts (Use LOTUS room card for proof of stay.), Fruit Infused Water Station in the Lobby., Zumba & Tai Chi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lotus Honolulu at Diamond Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Lotus Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Honolulu
- Lotus At Diamond Head Hotel
- Lotus Honolulu At Diamond Head Hawaii