“Hilton DoubleTree Alana in Waikiki”

DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach
Ranked #46 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed February 11, 2014

First of let me start by saying I wouldn't have been able to stay without the fine help from the staff. I booked my room through Hilton reservations. Although I specifically asked for Waikiki, I was booked on a different island. Immediately after booking five rooms for our work staff we thought of an accommodation issue and learned of the mistake. The other Hilton transferred us to the Double Tree Alana where I would encounter the first of many exceptional people. I spoke to Elsa who right away saw the issue and set out to solve this issue. Despite having many things to check every so often she came back on the phone and told me she was still working on the reservation and apologized profusely for it taking so long. When all was said and done she had fixed our rooms and clarified the issues. Later the hotel General Manager called and wanted to make sure the problem was resolved. I was able to tell him yes in complete confidence. Finally when it came time for us to check in I got to meet Elsa who remembered the reservation and greeted me warmly and sincerely. It was at that time I learned of the issues that she had to overcome in securing our rooms. Unbeknownst to us the NFL pro-bowl was in town and she had kept an eye on our rooms so that there were no issues with our reservations. Our rooms were comfortable and accommodating. During the week that followed I saw Elsa and Rebecca many times and they always had a smile on their faces and no matter what they were doing they always greeted me by name and offered me a fresh warm Double Tree cookie. As a side note I want to thank Josie G. for taking the extra steps in keeping my room clean and her super pleasant demeanor to make sure she was not bothering me. The folks there at the Double Tree, every person at the desk and that I came across made sure to spread Aloha at every chance they had. My Thanks to Mr. Wilding for a excellent team.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for rooms high enough so there is little street noise as possible.
1  Thank TxGeorge
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my first ever stay at a Doubletree. The room and amenities were excellent. The location was easy to get to. The hotel is easy walking distance to restaurants/ shopping/ other stores. The 200 word minimum is a bit excessive

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael H P
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Standard double queen room in Honolulu that could be found anywhere stateside. Everyone at the counter was extremely helpful. Only negative was that $20 breakfast was a little unreasonable. Otherwise clean bed and room, decent stay.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I travel for work and when I go to Honolulu I stay at this hotel. It is within walking distance to Waikiki without paying the super high room prices. Most people who stay here are business travelers so unless there is a big tour bus it is normally fairly quite. The rooms are decent and the beds are plenty comfortable. Parking in all of Honolulu is horrid so if you have a rental car be prepared to pay for valet which I think is $30 a day. The breakfast is just ok. The continental breakfast is your basic fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pastry, etc.. If you want eggs you will need to pay for the buffet breakfast. It is very tasty but for the limited options and the high price I wouldn't pay for it everyday. The bar/lounge opens at 5pm and the dinner food is some of the best food in the area. I recommend eating at least one night there, besides, the bar staff at night is fantastic. The combo of Earl, Wilfred and Natalia always make sure you are taken care of. Plus I regard Earl as one of the best bartenders on the island. The front desk and management staff have always been friendly and helpful with any of my needs.

1  Thank jsracer
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel staff was patient, knowledgeable and helpful with every inquiry. The management team was very caring, you could tell this carried over to the staff. The room was comfortable and very close to anything you wanted to do. I slept better on their bed/pillows than I have in 5-6 years. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to everyone I know that travels there.

1  Thank Nicholas C
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Pretty Average. Rooms were reasonable and well appointed. Just love those cookies at check in. The location in general is downtown and there are lots of city noises - sirens people in the room above you. The complimentary breakfast was on the week side, but you could buy up for hot food. Parking is horrendous so having valet parking is nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We live in Oahu and sometimes need to stay in Waikiki for business. We stayed at this hotel the first time simply because it was affordable. We found it to be better than any other hotel and now we ONLY stay here. The customer service is genuinely great (as opposed to the sugar coated phony you might find in other hotels.) It is also clean and updated, We love it