Overall, this hotel is a wonderful place to stay. There were a few small quirks, but nothing that outweighed a wonderful stay at this location.
- Big, comfortable beds. I had a very restful night's sleep each night. Thank you!
- Very clean.
- The shower was warm and inviting. I love the remodeled bathrooms!
- Stunning views of both the mountains and the ocean (depending on the room you get to stay in).
- I love that you can step outside of your room and enjoy the weather outdoors. Wonderful.
- Friendly staff that communicated with me before my arrival. I was impressed by this.
- I hate a late flight, and I was accommodated -- another impressive surprise.
- The ability to get $10 credits per night for use during dinner in the restaurant downstairs if you decline housekeeping services each day. Nice.
- Right across the street from the beach. You simply cross over the street and the beach is on the other side of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It's a perfect location. Many of these reviews say that it is far away from the beach. This is simply not true. It's a safe five minute walk. I walked late at night all the time while I was here and never, ever felt unsafe. There are people everywhere at night, and they are almost all tourists.
- The location is wonderful. It was in a perfect spot for me.
- Bell and valet staff were super-friendly.
- The charge for parking was ridiculous at $30 per night (when you figure in tip, you're looking at $32 per day for this valet-only feature of the hotel). My car rental, including taxes, was only $37 per night. When the parking is as much as your rental, you know there's a problem. Yes, I understand that many of the other properties in Waikiki charge around the same amount for parking, but just because you CAN charge for something doesn't mean you should.
- As a previous reviewer noted, you will here sirens throughout the night. It didn't bother me in the slightest, but if sirens bother you, look elsewhere.
- The free breakfast for HHonors Gold and Diamond members is pretty bad. Dry cereal, yogurt, and some bread/pastry items are pretty much all that are available. If you want a hot meal, you have to pay to "upgrade" to it. This seems pretty silly when there are two restaurants on either side of the hotel that you can pay less than the "upgrade" for and get a much bigger meal. They should rethink this breakfast strategy, especially for their Gold and Diamond members. Why? They aren't making much money off of it (even for the upgrade), and if so many reviews are speaking negatively of it, then it's not really worth continuing (just my thought). I had a free breakfast for four mornings because of my HHonors status, and I only took advantage of it twice.
This is a solid Doubletree location, and I had an outstanding time on Oahu. I will return to this hotel the next time I stay in Waikiki. Thank you to the staff for your consideration and your helpful attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach is a newly renovated chic boutique hotel located at the entrance to Waikiki in Honolulu, HI. The hotel is within a short walk of the beach, shopping and dining and one of the closest hotels to Hawaii Convention Center and Ala Moana Shopping Center. After a multi-million dollar redesign rooms now feature the Sweet Dreams by Doubletree sleep experience, bathrooms offering walk-in glass showers with oversized "rain" showerheads, large state-of-the-art high definition flat screen televisions with side panels for easy laptop connectivity, comfortable ergonomic workstations for our business travelers, and multiple outlets for electronic devices. Both wired and wireless high speed internet is available in all rooms for a charge and complimentary wireless high speed internet is available in the lobby area. During your stay you can also enjoy complimentary in-room coffee makers with coffee service, complimentary safe and movies on demand. Bedding offered is either one king bed or two queen-sized beds and all rooms have a lanai (balcony) and either city/mountain or ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Honolulu
- DoubleTree By Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu