“Pretty reasonable rates and experience for Waikiki” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Tampa, Florida
“Pretty reasonable rates and experience for Waikiki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I shopped around alot and got a pretty decent rate here. No airport shuttle. Used Speedishuttle to get there which worked fine for me. No executive level or lounge. Nice view from balcony. Rooms updated fairly recently. Small restaurant/bar that opens for breakfast and then closes until dinner. If you are Honors you get continental breakfast, upgrade to full was kind of pricey. Don't remember exactly but about $10.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike_in_Tampa
AlanaGuestServices, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Aloha Mike_in_Tampa,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting about your recent stay. We're glad to hear that you had a nice stay and we hope to have you back with us the next time you're in town.

The Doubletree by Hilton Alana Ohana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in February 2013 and were impressed. The hotel was very nicely maintained. Our room gave us a fantastic view of the city! Staff was exremely helpful. The valet service was without fault. We would call for the car and by the time we were downstairs, it was waiting for us! The continental breakfast was fun and filling!

Room Tip: City view is a must!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlanaGuestServices, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Aloha Sharon G,

Mahalo for staying with us and for your lovely post regarding your recent stay with us. We're so delighted to hear that our staff and services created a wonderful experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is super! The staff were welcoming and gracious. The valet parking is convenient and your car is available VERY quickly. The restaurant is good...wide choice of food and the staff are wonderful! The rooms were large and the beds are very comfortable. I was there for several days and had NO complaints the whole time. I travel every week and I would come back to this hotel in a flash!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Aloha jgram03330,

Thank you so much for your wonderful post regarding your stay with us! We're very pleased to hear that you had NO complaints the whole time you stayed with us. We hope your weekly travels leads you back to Honolulu and our hotel soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is very nice except that the carpet and walls on our floor need a redo. The room and common areas are nicely updated and the staff is friendly and efficient. A GREAT feature is an onsite Green Car (www.greencarhawaii.com) hourly car rental service. You can rent an electric car or a hybrid for around $10/hr. Very convenient.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha C C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post about your stay with us. We're glad you had an enjoyable stay and that you also took advantage of the Green Car Hawaii car rentals here. They're convenience, affordable and good for the environment! We hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great place for some dinner in Waikiki!

I normally don't like valet parking only, but the valet service was very welcoming and accommodating.

I took my date over there and we were placed by the window across from the street by our wonderful waiter, Earl. We got the Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi and Rib-eye steak. Both were cooked exactly to what we wanted. The garlic mash potatoes were very tasty and the presentation of the food was fantastic. Chef Brandon definitely made our meal a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha Klinton K,

Thank you so much for choosing Trees Restaurant and Bar for your date night! Your compliments will be passed to Chef Brandon, as well as Earl for his service. We hope you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to another visit to our hotel and our restaurant in the future.

Kwajalein Island, Marshall Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I arrived at 4:00am (late flight in from the Marshall Islands). Even at that time, the front desk was very pleasant and welcoming. My original room reservation was not available so they upgraded me to a suite. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. The suite was large and comfortable.... oh soooooooo comfortable. When I laid down on the bed, I just about melted right into it. And NICE pillows too! Unlike my previous stays in some other hotels, I had no issues with noise at all. I finally got some much needed sleep as I started my return trip home from business. I wish I could tell you more about the amenities, but really all I did was sleep. And sleep I did!!

Room Tip: If you have a chance to choose a suite over an ocean view, do it. The ocean views are not exactly B...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Aloha DaveD-on-Kwaj,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing about your recent stay with us! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade and that you had a restful and rewarding stay with us. We have an employee whose father worked for years on Kwajalein base so she was excited to see this post! We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for a nice weekend "staycation" for a friend's birthday. The hotel itself was very nice -- the room was updated, modern and very clean; and the lobby area was also very clean and modern, too. The location is also good, it's right at the "beginning" of the Waikiki strip -- across the street from Fort DeRussy. The hotel also has very nice workout facilities.

However, keep in mind that I stayed here as a Hawaii resident, and not as a tourist. You do have to pay for parking (I believe it's $15/ night) and the hotel does not have a hot tub (?!), but does have a heated pool. It's also not right next to the beach and the view is mostly of the strip / roads (and not the beautiful Pacific ocean) -- but you're only a short walk away from the beach. Also, there is no full-length mirror in the room (clearly, they were not thinking about females) -- but there are full length mirrors throughout the hotel. My friends also ate at the restaurant (I did not) and they said the service was not very good, and the food was alright (I had some cold leftovers).

Overall, some definite pluses but also some definite minuses. However, I've definitely stayed in worse hotels in Waikiki (with better locations) -- so it's kind of up to you on what you're looking for. I would definitely stay here again, though! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aloha Carissa G,

We are so glad to have been the location for your "staycation." It's good to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you and your friends enjoyed your celebration and we welcome you to join us again for your next home vacation!