My husband and I just got home from a 3-night stay at the Halekulani, the last stop on our Hawaii trip. We felt really pampered by good service, in a great location. The Halekulani felt like a haven of quiet in the intensity of Waikiki. Our partial-ocean-view room was exceptionally quiet, which made for a great night's sleep.
We especially enjoyed lounging by the pool all afternoon, ordering off the menu of delicious drinks (Mai Tais and Lava Flows) and sandwiches, plus the best french fries I've ever had, served in a beautiful black lacquered box. It was a relaxing environment, with not too many kids around -- and those who were around were well-mannered and well supervised by their parents.
Staff was generally very attentive and solicitous. Frank at the concierge desk was particularly helpful. The HWAK servers were generally good, although the hostess was a tad snippy one evening.
My only suggestion is that they should give out leis at check-in, as many high-end hotels in Hawaii do. That would have been consistent with the Aloha spirit we encountered at the Halekulani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu